Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 25 October 2011

All Things Work Together For Good

 One of the times that I have mentioned briefly in my previous post was when a rather large lump had come up on the front of my leg and I was worrying about it.  I had read in the newspaper that day about Marty Caine, a female comedienne, and the battle she was having fighting cancer.  In the article it mentioned that she'd had several lumps resembling small eggs come up on her limbs, and this one on my leg looked exactly like that.
However, the Lord had for some time by then been encouraging me to trust in Him for healing and had already proved Himself true in some other trials I had gone through.  My sister told me I should go to the doctor, but when I'd sought the Lord over this He had spoken to me through Psalms chapter 116, verse 10, ' I kept my faith though I was greatly afflicted' and through Isaiah chapter 31 verse 1 'Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help'.  I recognized the Lord's voice telling me to trust in Him though I was greatly afflicted, not the world, and so I prayed much over the next few days.
I was going to Lancashire to visit my brother and his family on the Monday, so on the Sunday night I got together with a Christian friend and as we prayed He spoke to me through Hosea chapter 6 verse 2, saying 'After two days He will revive us, in the third day He will raise us up'.  I believed that this was the Spirit speaking to comfort me and felt a great peace.  On the Tuesday, whilst in Lancashire, a leaflet came through my brother's letterbox.  It was an invitation to a Christian service being held along the road in the local community hall on the Wednesday.  I felt I really needed to be in the presence of Christians and decided to go.  My sister-in-law said she would like to go as well, so the next night off we went.
During the service something the lady preacher said reminded me of a poem on healing that I had in my bag, and I put my hand up and asked if I could read it out.  She said that I could read it at the end of the service.  I read the poem and also gave a short testimony on when the Lord had miraculously removed a lump from my breast.
When I had finished, a man approached me and told me that just as I had begun to speak he had come in the door.  He said he was not a Christian but that his wife was, and he had come to pick her up.  He went on to say that his wife had a lump in her breast and had come to that place that night in the hope that Jesus would heal her.  He said he could hardly believe what he had heard me talking about, and knew that it would encourage his wife.  I had a short conversation with the man before I left and told him that I and my Christian friends would pray for his wife.  The lump on my leg was gone when I awoke the next morning, and I realized that it was the third day from the time the Lord had spoken to me through Hosea.  I also realized that if I had not sought the Lord in the first place I would not have heard Him telling me to rrust solely in Him.  If I had not continued to pray I would not have drawn the comfort and peace that I received from the verse in Hosea, and if I had not followed my desire to fellowship I would not have gone to the meeting.  Without asking to read the poem, the unbeliever would not have heard anything because the meeting had finished by the time he arrived, and his wife would not have heard my testimony.  This was a prime example of all things working together in my life for good for those who are called according to His purpose.  We are called according to God's purpose and there is a reason for everything that happens, whether it appears to be good or bad.
Other people's lives are connected to ours and God wants all to come to the knowledge of salvation through Jesus Christ, not willing that any should perish, and our testimonies play a vital role in His plan.  However, in order to have all things work together for good in our lives, we must be able to recognize, and follow, the leading of the Holy Spirit.  May God grant us wisdom, understanding and a listening ear to be able to do this.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and do not rely on your own insight.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
                                                                    Proverbs ch.3 vs 5,6

There is a season for all things, a time and purpose too
For God has fashioned every day that we must travel through
There is a season to be strong, a season to be weak
A time to give opinion, and a time we should not speak
And whether things be good or bad, all things are passing by
For this world is a testing place, to perfect both you and I
So do not worry if some days all things do not go right
Just be yourself - maintain your ways, be honest in God's sight
And if today you need more strength, or patience to endure
Just call upon the Saviour's name, His counseling is pure
'Tis He alone who understands the 'wherefores' and the 'whys'
And nothing in this world of man is hidden from His eyes
So seek instruction from the One who watches from above
For every word that comes from Him is blessed with grace and love

No comments: