Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Thursday 11 April 2013

My journey through the wilderness Part 3

This is the final section of part of my early testimony, shortly after being born again into Christ.  

As I studied the Bible daily I could see that I could be one of two types of believers.  This fact was highlighted to me by the story related in Luke ch.18 vs.10 - 14, which reads:-  'Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee and the other a publican.  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God I thank thee that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I posses.'  And the publican, standing afar off would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying 'God be merciful to me a sinner.'  There was arrogance and pride in the Pharisee's prayer, but lowliness and humility in the prayer of the publican.  We are told that the publican went down to his house justified rather than the Pharisee.

This parable was spoken to some who trusted in their own righteousness and looked down on others.  I knew that I had no righteousness of my own and could only come before Jesus with the attitude of the publican.  I wrote these prayers to Him, and I believe He spoke back to me,  in the form of  songs.


Lord have mercy

Lord have mercy take pity on a poor man like me
I'm unworthy can't you see not holy like the Pharisee
have mercy on a sinner such as me

















Some people say 'What good are you
you don't worship God as we'
but humility and honesty 
are what You're looking for in me

So Lord have mercy take pity on a poor man like me
I'm unworthy can't you see not holy like the Pharisee
have mercy on a sinner such as me

I want to dedicate my life to you
I want no fame nor wealth
I want to serve You with a heart that's true
but I can't do it by myself

So Lord have mercy take pity on a poor man like me
I'm unworthy can't You see not holy like the Pharisee
have mercy on a sinner such as me


Lost in the world


Lost in the world
I was entangled in sin and shame
Lord that was when I met You
Then from my grave I heard You calling
calling my name
with a voice that was gentle but true

'Turn around my child and look at me'

were the words that were piercing my heart
'Turn around from your sin - be set free
come to me and make a new start'


Then water so pure 
and crystal clear
was washing away
all my doubt and my fear
and the tears ran free 
as You said to me
'Weep no more child 
I have bought your peace
I have suffered in your place
all the blows the world has dealt you
I have taken on my face
Turn around turn around
and I will forgive
turn around turn around
turn around child and live



For I take no pleasure 
in the death of a soul
turn around seek my face child
and I'll make you whole


Strive no more child, I can bring release
I regained what you had lost
righteousness was purchased for you
when they nailed me to that cross
Turn around turn around
and I will forgive
turn around turn around
turn around child and live
For I take no pleasure in the death of a soul
turn around, seek my face child
and I'll make you whole


Sin no more child - turn and look at me
see that I have paid the price
so that You could have salvation
I became the sacrifice
Turn around turn around
and I will forgive
turn around turn around 
turn around child and live
For I take no pleasure in the death of a soul
turn around seek my face child 
and I'll make you whole

No I take no pleasure in the death of a soul
turn around seek my face child
and I'll make you whole



If we trust in Jesus He will lead us to that promised land.  There is no other way to be reconciled back to God.   1 Timothy ch.2 v.5 says:- 
There is One God and there is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all.'



My final song I dedicate to that One God and His mediator:-

God sent His Son to us

God sent His Son to us 
ever to rule over us
Jesus came to teach us God's ways
here to take away the lies 
shining in life's darkened skies
evermore to brighten our days
He sent His Son to die
crucified for you and I
full of pain He hung on that tree
'though He was in agony
with words of love He begged for me
a pardon for my sins and set me free



Jesus walked upon the Earth
to buy for us our second birth
that we might see the Father some day
taking all the ridicule
from holy man and Godless fool
for you and me He always would pray
'Father look not on their sin
but change their stony heart within
I offer You Myself in their stead
Lay those painful stripes on Me
Oh Father set their spirits free
and place that thorny crown upon my head.'

He gave His life so willingly
that I might live eternally


And now I want that I should be
just like the One who died for me
Jesus Lord I call on Your name
Mold me shape me by Your will
tell my troubled soul 'Be still'
take away my sin and my shame
Jesus walk upon those waves
reach out to me the hand that saves
I'm sinking fast and don't know what to do
Lift me from this troubled sea
Oh Father change me destiny
and set me on the road back home to You

Lift me from this troubled sea
Oh Father change me destiny
and set me on the road back home to You

The whole of this three part testimony was written shortly after becoming born again and  being  baptised in the Holy Spirit.   In the letter that the apostle Paul wrote to Philemon he writes in verse 6 'and I pray that the sharing of your faith may promote the knowledge of all the good that is ours in Christ.', and this is what I believe sharing our testimonies does.  

There is a beautiful Welsh word 'dysgu', pronounced 'dusgee' The reason I say it is beautiful is because it means both to learn and to teach, and describes perfectly 2 Corinthians ch.1 vs.3 and 4, which says that we are comforted by God in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 

There is learning and teaching in our trials but both are brought about by the Holy Spirit, and all credit goes to God.

34 comments:

Eya Ayambem said...

Me too Brenda, I and to trust and serve God with a true heart and I know that it can't be done by my strength. Thank God for his grace and enablement.

STUFF (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF) said...

So very annointed!
TEAR RISE WITH-IN
as I too remember my old sins

But your songs bring great truth and rejoicing once again!

Yes we have the choice of humble or haughty-- not just once but again and again each and every day.

GOD BLESS YOU!

Brenda said...

Very true Eya,
We can not serve God in our own strength. He is our strength given to us through His grace. God bless you. I love your 'aunty Eya' posts, they are where people can come when they need to talk to someone.

Brenda said...

Hello Stuff,
yes we all have an 'old me'don't we, but how wonderful that we are set free. I am glad that I have understanding of people going through the same things though, and I know that the Lord is able to bring them through also. God bless you.

Just Be Real said...

As my heart slowly mends, the more I will be able to open it and serve Him fully. Hugs Brenda.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,

An excellent set of verses.
To acknowledge our helplessness and to come before God with a broken and contrite heart is the best thing one can do, as God himself had said that a bruised reed he would not break, neither will he quench a smouldering flax.
God bless,
Frank.

Never Forsaken said...

"For I take no pleasure
in the death of a soul
turn around seek my face child
and I'll make you whole"

I loved reading that! And as you know if you have ever read my testimony, I too made a choice to either live by the faith in the knowledge inside my head an empty faith = empty heart...or trust in Jesus through the faith He placed within my heart which came only after I saw the ugliness of my sin and truly repented!
Now my heart is full and my head...well, you get the picture, LOL!
~God bless~ Lisa

Brenda said...

That's right JBR, and the Lord is the only One who can do that. The lovely thing is that 'He will because it IS His will'. God bless you and give you big hugs.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank,
I love the way you have put the way God acknowledges our sorrow and repentance. That is what I love about scripture. There is always something there that fits every occasion in our lives and shows God's love for us. Whether it be compassion, comfort or correction it is always given in love.

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
Those words in my song have always reflected to me the Lord's compassion towards us, that is how I have always seen Him in my heart no matter how my carnal mind has tried to reason with this when I have not understood fully His correction to me. I am realizing more and more how different His thoughts and ways are to the thoughts and ways of the world. I don't think I have read your testimony, I shall have to do that. This is the trouble sometimes, I need to go back over people's early posts to get to know them. I think the contents of my head explains itself Lisa ha ha! That is why I have to write everything down. God bless

S. Knowles said...

Wonderful Post Brenda. It was great reading your testimony. I am glad God placed you in my life, you and all the persons He has helped me to meet over the past year and a half. Your posts are very encouraging, and makes me examine myself. God bless you Brenda.

child of God said...

O the blessing of sharing the testimony of God's love in one's heart. Thank you for sharing your walk with us.

Your poems are very blessed and anointed with the Spirit of our Lord.

Blessings sister,
<><

Brenda said...

Thank you for your kind comment Sateigdra, I am glad too that I have met you and all the other bloggers in my life. Even though we may not all have the same testimonies we all go through trials and it is good to share the Lord's help in our lives. There is a real power in scripture. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi child of God,
thank you for your kind comment. Yes, testimonies can be a blessing when the help of God is revealed through them. I believe we all have things to take in and things to give out, and I believe your 'giving out'is constant prayer for people and the sharing of the scripture, which is lovely. God bless you.

T-Childs said...

Really uplifting poetry; I love reading such poetry, and it does take skill believe me.

Brenda said...

Hi Tim,
I hope that my testimony in some way focuses those who read it upon the fact that Jesus, and the enlightening by the Holy Spirit of His word contained in the scriptures has the power to overcome the pressures of this world, and to give us a hope and a future, not only in the world to come but also in this world.

Aritha V. said...

Thanks you Brenda for sharing the testimony of His grace. I love the poëms. I love what Frank Blasi write in his commet and say Amen to it.

Brenda said...

Hi Jedidja,
lovely to hear from you. That was just a small part of my testimony after coming to know Jesus, but His love for us and His sacrifice inspired all the poems and songs. Yes Franks comment and the scripture contained was lovely. I love hearing people's testimonies too, I shall have to search them out.

Paul G said...

Hi Brenda, I always love to hear the sound of salvation in someones life.
What can I say, except, what a wonderful savior we have in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Your testimony was not only a blessing to me but also to many others.
Paul

Brenda said...

Hi Paul,
'What a wonderful Saviour we have in Jesus Christ our Lord', amen to that. Hope you are well on the other side of the planet. We lived in Australia for a time and that is where I was born again. Wonderful times spent there. God bless you Paul

Laurie Collett said...

So beautiful, Brenda, and so true! The Holy Spirit moves through you so beautifully to learn, teach, and inspire others. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
Thank you for your kind comment.The Holy Spirit uses each one of us differently according to what is in our lives, but the important thing is that He changes our way of thinking totally doesn't He. We are all one in Christ Jesus who causes us to become a new creation and renews our minds in Him. Praise our lovely Lord. God bless you and your sharing of His goodness.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Brenda,
I thot I had commented...but then remembered I read this post on my device and don't comment on my device... so I'm revisiting to pick up the pencil....

I love your straight forward honesty... you said....

"I knew that I had no righteousness of my own and could only come before Jesus with the attitude of the publican."

We have to be reminded of this often, don't we? sinners saved by Grace. where or what would we be if it weren't for the free GRACE bestowed upon us...through the gift of the cross at Calvary.

I'm reminded of that song...

Grace Grace...God's Grace
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within.
Grace Grace...God's Grace
Grace that is bigger than all our sins.

Grace in tandem with the Holy Spirit is what is needed to move from living in the flesh to living and breathing in the Spirit of the Living God.

Praising the Lord that He came to earth to redeem us back unto the Father. He met us right where we were...and poured out His Grace up on us and set us free forever more.

Blessed be the name of the Lord. His mercies indeed endure forever.

Hugs my friend
patrina <")>><




Ken said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. I love to hear testimonies. Your songs also were awesome. They show how important humility is and that our righteousness is not of ourselves, but a gift of God. All one may do is cry out to God for His mercy. May God bless you,
Ken

Just Be Real said...

Hugs to you Brenda.....

Brenda said...

Hi Patrina,
I think the 3 part presentation was probably a bit confusing. It would have been too long to share in one post. You have inspired me today on your photography blog to buy a new camera. I love taking pics too. Lovely to hear from you. God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Ken,
yes I love to hear testimonies too. I noticed on your blog that you have your testimony of how you came to know the Lord at the top of your page. I must click on it and read it. Lovely to hear from you. God bless you

Brenda said...

Hi JBR,
and big hugs to you too my friend. God bless you with a wonderfully happy week.

mail4rosey said...

I think this is beautiful, and the line about no pleasure in the death of a soul is very poignant. I think it's a very good thing to remember when we're thinking we just don't like someone. Praying for them is better than having bad feelings about/towards them.

Happy weekend to you!

Brenda said...

Hello mail4rosey,
welcome to my blog. That is so true what you have said about praying for those we may not like. What we do not like God is able to mend in that person, and He is also able to remove grudges that we might be bearing and lack of forgiveness from us. God bless you.

Pamela said...

The water so pure and crystal clear...beautiful words. Oh those doubts just was away by the Water of Life! I love how your faith birthed songs.

Brenda said...

Hi Pamela,
lovely to meet you. You must have just made your comment as I am reading on my blog. Thank you for your kind comment. Yes,you have phrased it exactly how it appears to happen, knowing Him gives birth to songs and poems. God bless you

BRAVE AFRICAN said...

Isn't it interesting how we have to die in order to grow. The more we are willing to die (and actually die), the more we grow. Deep and quite inspiring. Blessings ma'am. SHALOM

Brenda said...

Hello Brave African,
Yes, that is right. The scripture from James ch.1 v 22 comes to mind. 'but be doers of the word, not hearers only, deceiving yourselves'. Romans ch.8 v.7 also tells me that I have to die to my old self, controlled by my carnal mind which is enmity against God, and walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.
God bless you.