Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Friday 13 March 2015

When each part is working properly

For the last few days something I wrote quite a few years ago has been coming into my mind.  It was an article called 'Rapture'.  I thought I might put it up as a post on my blog, but was not sure if I had already done so.  I looked it up and realized that I had posted it a couple of years ago.



I have a little gold book by the side of my computer, one of the diaries that I have written in.  I opened it and noticed that the page I had opened to had many of the things written in it that were in the article 'Rapture'.  So I have decided to put up this post, edited,  so that I can re tell in the present time what happened at that time. 


The church that I attended at the time I first wrote this post  is not the church that I attend now, and I have added a few photographs.


Rapture
Several years ago I had a dream in which I was looking at certain stars in the sky.  As I looked at them they appeared to grow in explosive glory, yet were not destroyed.  It was absolutely beautiful.  In the dream my husband was stood nearby and I asked him to look at the stars, but when he looked he saw them as normal stars.  Then some other people came along who were unbelievers, and I asked them to look at the same stars.  They too saw them as normal stars.  A short time after I had the dream I bought some new gold coloured curtains, and when I got them home and went to take them out of the packet I noticed they were called 'Rapture', and that the pattern on them was very much like the exploding stars that I had seen in my dream.  The word 'rapture' means 'to be carried to a state of extreme joy', and that was exactly the state I had been in, watching the stars in my dream. 
 
Soon  after, I went to the church that I was attending at the time and the pastor was saying that he and the family had visited a waterfall in a local park.  Then a lady spoke of waterfalls of wine, the pastor following on speaking of how new wine could not be put into old wineskins but had to be put into new wineskins.  I noticed that the lady who spoke on 'waterfalls of wine' had a dress on with an almost identical pattern to my curtains, only the background colour was brown instead of gold. 
 
I told my son, who had moved to the area recently, that the waterfalls were there, because he had said that when he moved down here from Scotland he wanted to visit many of the waterfalls in the area.  He said he knew of the waterfalls that the pastor had spoken about, and that they were partially man made.  Again I felt that something was being pointed out to me, that the waterfalls that were partially man made and the dress with the brown (representing earthly wisdom) background colour could be speaking spiritually of man's interference with God's word and the Holy Spirit in some way and that if it was, then the Lord would reveal more to me if I prayed and waited.
 
Some time after, I was reading 2 Kings chapter 2 where the men of the city were telling Elisha that the situation of the city of Jericho was pleasant but the water was bad and the land was unfruitful.  Elisha asked for a new bowl and put salt in it.  Then he went to the spring and threw salt in it, and the word of the Lord came to him to say that the water was made wholesome and that neither death nor miscarriage would come from it.
After I had read this I was thinking about sharing my thoughts with the pastor at the church, and I reached for my UCB daily reading book.  When I opened to the reading for the day it was saying that we all have gaps and that the best way to handle the weaknesses was to work together and it was encouraging us to work more together and not to be like  Diotrephes who not only refused to welcome the brethren, but also stopped those who wanted to welcome them.

 
I was about to put up on my front room wall a print of two geese painted originally in watercolour.   I was reminded of a book I have called 'Why geese fly farther than eagles'   The following is a paragraph from that book which reflects to me the way the body of Christ should function as stated in Ephesians chapter 4 verse 16 '....... joined and knit together by every joint with which it is supplied, when each part is working properly, makes bodily growth and up builds itself in love.'

'When the head goose grabs the wind, air is displaced, which then rushes up to reclaim its space only to see the smiling face of the bird flying behind, whose wings just happen to be in the downward position - a very dangerous condition, which doesn't last for long, because the upward rush gives them a push, and they're right back up where they belong.  This goose then grabs the air again, causing another upward wind, which lifts the bird behind.  And so it goes on down the line.  So the head goose breaks the wind, and all the rest are carried by him, with very little effort, I've heard, on the part of any one bird.  When the head goose has had enough, he or she simply drops back and depends on another bird for strength when strength is what is lacked.
So that's how I found out how the goose can fly from up north to way down south and back again.  But she cannot do it alone, you see.  It's something that must be done in community.  These days it's a popular notion, and people swell with emotion and pride when they think of themselves on the eagle-side, solitary, self-sufficient, strong.  But we are what we are.  That's something we cannot choose.  Though many would wish to be seen as an eagle, I think God made most like the goose.'
 
That Sunday the pastor of the church that I attended was saying to my friend and myself that if anyone has anything they want to share during the service they have to speak to the appointed convener about it and he will decide whether it should be shared or not.  Does not 1 Corinthians ch. 14 v. 26 say 'What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.'  

A few Sundays previous it was preached in church that if people did not go to the doctors with certain sicknesses they would die. 
I had been trusting in the Lord solely for a particular healing  and when I got home that day I sought the Lord regarding what had been spoken in church and I opened my Bible to read.  On the page in front of me was a verse in Psalm 118 that I had underlined some time previous.  It reads ' I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord.'  I asked the Lord if He was speaking this word to me, closed my Bible, and opened to exactly the same page, with the same underlined verse speaking to me.
 
I have to ask, ' If I had asked the Lord this question in church that morning and opened my Bible to this verse twice, would I have been allowed to share this with the church or would the convener have thought that it went against what was being preached regarding 'going to the doctors or dying' and disallowed it, thereby denying this testimony which might have strengthened and encouraged somebody else ?'
 
Surely there can only be one convener in the church, the Holy Spirit, and are we guilty of trying to interfere with His work by bringing in our own rules instead of following the guidelines of the scriptures when we come together. Daniel ch. 2 v.44 reads:- 'And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.'  
 

We must not be afraid of a little 'salt' in case it might offend.  Jesus says that we, as believers, are the salt of the Earth:- “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.  (Matthew ch. 5 v. 13)
 
 
Why, in my dream, did not my husband or the unbelievers see the full glory of the stars in the heavens?  I could understand why the unbelievers did not see it, but my husband has been baptized and believes in Jesus.  Was he representing somebody who believes but can not see the full glory because he is guided largely by worldly wisdom and knowledge?   Jeremiah ch. 15 v. 16 reads:- 'Thy words were found, and I ate them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart; for I am called by Thy name, O Lord God of hosts.'   
Nehemiah  ch. 8 v. 10 contains the words 'the joy of the Lord is your strength.'

In order to be carried to that 'extreme state of joy',  the word of the Lord has to be our strength.  Then we shall be able to put off the old brown (earthly) wineskins and put on our new gold (Christ like )ones?


Ps.
I have only just recently noticed messages on my computer which say that people have added me to their circles.  My apologies to the people who have done this, but I have no idea what this means.  I shall find out from my daughter in law, who is very good on blogs, and rectify the situation.
God bless to all.


 

9 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
What a beautiful dream you had of unspeakable joy, one which can only whet our appetite for what it will be like when we experience the Rapture and see Christ face to face. May you continue to trust God for your healing, and not be constrained by what others believe.
Thanks for the inspiring post, and may God bless you and your ministry.
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
Just turned on my computer and saw your comment. The dream was a lovely experience, and thank you for your encouragement regarding my trial. I have been praising the Lord on my guitar and keyboard this afternoon and feel His strength in my weakness.
God bless you and your ministry Laurie.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
What a blessing that God is using you in so9 many ways -- written word, spoken testimony, guitar and keyboard! Without him we can d9o nothing, but with Him, all things are possible!
God bless,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
How lovely and fitting your comment is. so true 'without him we can do nothing, but with Him, all things are possible'. I have just turned on my computer after reading my Bible. The verse that I had underlined some time ago on the Psalm I was reading was 'Some boast of chariots and some of horses; but we boast of the name of the Lord our God.(Psalm 20 v.7)
God bless you and how He uses you Laurie.

S. Knowles said...

This is a wonderful post Brenda. Just last week I believe it was, that me and some brethren were all discussing the rapture, some persons had different view points on it.

What you said about how the pastor said if somebody wants to share something in church they would have to consult a certain person first for approval, is exactly how most churches operate today. Most of the time the person who wants to say something will be told no in the most polite yet undermining condescending way possible, or they would be allowed to speak but not after their presentation has been edited and left barely resembling what they initially wanted to present.

People wonder why nothing great and amazing through the power of God is happening in most churches today, that is more than likely because most churches are not operating in the order set out in scripture. Many churches have created their own rules (like pharisees) and expect people to abide by those and anybody who reminds them of the correct order in scripture is considered being out of line or not understanding the scriptures in it's correct context.

Most churches today operate more like a bureaucracy than an actual body of believers. I very rarely feel like going partially for reasons like that. There is very little room made for those who have gifts in the church to share what the Spirit of the Lord has shared with them without being taken through some sort of sift to sift out what the pastor or elders think is not needed (based on their own personal opinion and not scripture). The pastor pretty much delivers the message and every now and again there may be a guest speaker, some song selection and dance or whatever but it's always that way. The pastor is placed on the top tier and everybody else somewhere below less significant, no wonder so many pastors are idolized by their congregation. People treat their pastors as though they are infallible, even if something happens that is evidence that the pastor doesn't have all the answers still many would race to their pastors instead of to God Himself. There probably are some pastors that really wholeheartedly on the Spirit of the Lord and not the wisdom of man, but those pastors are either few and far between ro are not even in the congregation and purposely silenced, so they are not even considered officially pastors at all, in fact most churches wouldn't even appoint a person to be a pastor unless that man has a doctorate or some degree form seminary or theology classes, no matter how much understanding of the word that person clearly has from God, they still are not considered to speak to the congregation.

More churches are following other churches patterns instead of what is written and then members wonder why churches today are not like the church in Acts.

Worldly wisdom seems to have crept into the churches and taken over, it's no wonder though, most pastors are taught not by the Spirit of God but by a man in a seminary who of course more than likely was also not taught by the Spirit of God but instead also by a man, and the cycle goes on.

S. Knowles said...

There is a scripture that says, "And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God" 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 Today most people have their faith almost entirely in the wisdom of men, and then many wonder why it is that they are unable to experience or understand the power of God.

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
every word you have said is true. There are only two churches that I have been into that I have seen the gifts of the Spirit operating as they did two thousand years ago. One was in Adelaide where none of the pastors had been to Bible college, and the other one was when I came back from Australia the last time to live in Lancashire. I was looking for a church in the newspapers but even though there were two pages of church adverts nothing touched me. I then went to look into the second hand section for something and there was an advert placed there accidently (although it was no accident, I believe the Lord knew I would look in that section). This advert said that if anyone believed that Jesus was Lord would they come to meet up at a certain place, and if they played a musical instrument bring it along. For some time previous to this as I had been driving to a town a few miles away, I had seen a sign outside a book shop saying 'Jesus is Lord'. When my son and I turned up at that place the Greek man who owned that shop together with a couple from South Africa were there. We used to meet in houses, then the town hall as people were added to us, then a church building was bought after we all prayed for the money to be supplied. That gathering grew from five people to over one hundred in the first year. I experienced both healings and a miracle in those places, and there is much more I could say, but it is only when the Holy Spirit is allowed to operate. When it is quenched, then it is the spirit of man is operating.
Sateigdra, I believe that you should share what you feel on your blog. You do not say what you feel in a condemning way, and I believe you would encouraging people not to quench the Holy Spirit. I had a dream a few nights ago in which I was close to a group of Christians. I started praying in what I knew was the Italian language very emotionally. I cried out 'Bella, bella', and a face suddenly appeared in front of me that I felt was Jesus. I have always used the word 'beautiful' to describe the Lord and that is what 'bella' means. I believe I was being shown to pray for the gifts of the Spirit to operate because the day before I had the dream I was looking on the internet for churches in my area where the gifts operate and came across a write up on the little church gathering that I attend. It was saying that the original five people that started that church was motivated by one of them leaving the church he was attending because the gifts were not operating. I believe the Lord is showing me the need for intercessory prayer for the gifts to operate once more, with the presence of the Holy Spirit.
God bless you Sateigdra, it is lovely to hear from you, and please pray with me that the Lord will restore His church on earth to what it originally was. There should not be different denominations with different doctrines, we are supposed to eat 'unleavened bread', the word of God with nothing added.

Ava Bryan said...

Hello maate great blog post

Brenda said...

Hi Ava, thanks for visiting. I notice that you like painting, I too like painting - mostly tigers and portraits.