Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 7 December 2010

My near death experience

I was twenty eight years old at the time, I was in a dental surgery having two wisdom teeth taken out with the aid of gas.  As I sat in the chair with the mask on my face, the dentist commenced to take one of  the teeth out before I was fully anaesthetized.  The pain was unbelievable and the shock of experiencing it so great that I inhaled fully and found, to my horror, that I could not exhale again.  I remember feeling very frightened and helpless for quite some time, thinking that I was certainly going to die from lack of oxygen.  I was trying to do something about the situation but it was as if there was just enough anaesthetic to keep me half dazed yet I could feel all the pain.  As I struggled to breathe the dentist had his assistant to hold me down and started to extract the other tooth.  The feeling of total agony was indescribable.  Then suddenly all the fear was gone and I was in a most beautiful place where there was green grass and beautiful flowers, and little fawns and wild animals grazing everywhere.

 I was lying on my back in a place of tremendous beauty, a beauty of such that I have never seen in all my travels in this world.  It was as if I had just awoken from a deep sleep, my twenty eight years of life was as the dream and that was reality.   I remember several people were gathered around me.  I felt a great love for these people, a love that was deeper than any I had ever known, almost as if they were a part of myself.  They were not people that I had known or seen in my lifetime, I cannot even say whether they were male or female, it did not seem to matter.  Yet I felt like I had known them for an eternity.  At that moment I knew the mystery of life.  It was as if all the questions I had ever wanted answering about life's purpose were being answered in a split second of wonderfully perfect knowledge.  I felt as if that place was reality and my whole twenty eight years of lifetime was just as fleeting and unimportant as a dream.  I remember a feeling which can only be identified with how the prodigal son must have felt on returning home to his father.

 
This quickly changed to a feeling of tremendous sorrow and disappointment as one of these beautiful people said ' It's not time yet, you must go back.'  I seemed to know that what was being said was said with authority and that I would very soon be leaving them.  I knew also that there was no personal decision made by these people as to whether I was to stay or not, only that this was how it had to be.  I remember saying with great sadness in my heart ' I don't want to go back.,' only to be told ' You must go back'  Then I felt as if I was spinning around in a tunnel and being drawn backwards at tremendous speed.  The speed was so great that although I knew I was spinning, I appeared to remain in an upright position, almost like the propeller of an aircraft appears to remain still,  when rotating at high speed. The next thing I knew, I was in the dentist's chair and I started to cry.  I wanted to tell them that I was in the wrong place, but I did not know how to explain.  I tried to remember what it was that I had known and understood in my moment of revelation in that beautiful place, but the knowledge had been taken away from me as suddenly as it had been given to me.

 
I will never forget the torment of the next three days or so, my poor husband thought I was going to have a breakdown.  For nearly a week after my experience, each morning my husband would say to me 'You was speaking in a foreign language in your sleep last night'.  I said to him the first morning 'What do you mean a foreign language,  was I muttering?'  'No' he said 'you was speaking in a foreign language'. I tried to explain my experience to him and to several people but they all put it down to the anaesthetic.  How could I convince them that this had been no dream, that it was more real than anything else I had ever experienced.  I'd had dreams before, under normal circumstances and under anaesthetic, and this was totally different.  Eventually I tucked my memories of my wonderful experience away in my heart knowing that despite other people's disbelief, I was now convinced that I had proof that there was something more than this life, and I was also convinced that it had something to do with the God of the Bible, the God that my father had believed in.  I seemed to be experiencing glimpses of His supernatural power at different times in my life, and it was making me more and more aware of Him.  I did not understand why or how this had happened to me, but I knew that it had happened, and nobody on this earth could persuade me otherwise.


Some years later three separate incidents in my life were to strengthen this conviction.  I read that the actor, Peter Sellers had also had a 'near death experience' and he too was told that he had to come back as his time here was not finished, and  I came to live next door but one to a girl who had exactly the same experience as myself, also in a dental surgery, with the very same words spoken to her.  Seven years later I became born again of God's Holy Spirit, receiving the gift of tongues, a language I had never learnt, after being baptized in water and suddenly I felt a connection with my experience seven years previous.  Then I read two passages in the Bible.  One which spoke of a person experiencing a similar incident, also being told things that they were not permitted to speak about:-  ' I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows—  how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.' (2 Corinthians ch. 12 vs. 2,3 and 4. } Here the place 'paradise' is also called the 'third heaven' a few verses down.

The other passage was  Jeremiah ch. 1 v. 5 , where God says to Jeremiah 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.'

These scriptures were the greatest comfort to me, and verified what had happened to me and where I had been taken to seven years previous.
 

10 comments:

Billy said...

Hello Brenda :)
i did remember that you've once told me that you've had a sudden death experience and when i saw it from your blog archive's, i couldn't help but look.
to start off, i'd also want to share that i've also got my two wisdom tooth taken out and that was so painful. when i saw your post it just gives that horrible memory when it happen. :D
as i read your post, it's unbelievable that you've experience those kind of stuffs and yet is very much a beautiful story.
God bless you.

Brenda said...

Bill, I don't remember coming across you before.

Sandi said...

Brenda, I believe you. I wonder if the shock of the pain caused you to go? I am glad you came back. Glad you have this story to tell. Glad there are fawns there! So much to be glad for in this, but the description of your pain was devastating. I wonder how often that happens. I have heard of it before, though not in the course of an NDE.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
I did not know you had left this comment last December, nothing came up to inform me of this. I was told by a hospital theatre sister that this does happen. She said the shock of the pain can produce a similar experience to a severe asthma attack and cause the body to stop functioning

grams ramblings said...

I was so interested to read of your death ( near death?) experience. What you describe is common to many others and the thought of the Love that awaits us is just wonderful.

Brenda said...

Hi there,
I can only say that it was the most beautiful, indescribable experience I have ever encountered in this world. Yes, that place is the place of eternal life. God bless.

Susan said...

Hi Brenda, I finally got to read this post….there have been several miraculous things that have happened in my life that have confirmed the Bible is true. I’m thankful that you are still here to share the beauty and sweetness of the Lord with those who do not yet know Him. It will be so wonderful to rejoice together with Jesus when the time is right to go home yet He knows best what He desires from us and there’s still work to be done here ❤️🙏love you Brenda. You are fortunate to live in the UK which is one of the most beautiful places on this earth right now. I was born in Holland which is also very beautiful and now live in Canada. But nothing on this earth will compare to the beauty of our true home when our time here is done. Hugs and much love, Susan 🙂

Brenda said...

Hi Susan,
I hope you will share some of your experiences one day on your blog, I love hearing about other people's experiences of miraculous things. Even though I and my husband are from Wales, we have been to Calgary and Toronto in Canada some years ago but are now living in Northern Ireland. We have loved everywhere we have been, and are now living close to our son and daughter in law. We were coming back from Australia to live in Wales at one time and called into Rotterdam, it was the last port before Southampton. The ship had come straight from Miami to Rotterdam, and we spent a whole day there shopping before we finished the journey to Wales on the ship. You are absolutely right Susan, nothing will compare to the beauty of our true home when our time here is done. God bless you.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow! I had mixed feelings reading this post. First I felt horror at the pain you were feeling and that the dentist had someone hold you down rather than realizing you weren't yet under the way you were supposed to be and increasing the amount of sedation. And then awe at your glimpse of Heaven and the timing of the visit. What a beautiful experience the Lord allowed you to have. I have read of many such experiences but never experienced one myself.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandra, (I think that is your name), thank you for visiting. that beautiful place I visited is where all who have faith in the Lord Jesus will go to when they leave this world. I hope that in this troubled world many who do not know Him will be brought to Him. God bless you for visiting.