Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Saturday 26 November 2016

A time of prayer

There has been a lot of work going on in this house since we moved here a year ago, and I have recently moved my workroom from a larger back room to a smaller, newly adapted one.  This morning I was sorting a cupboard out that is full of my writings and pics.
I came across three poems that were written some time ago that really speak to me about prayer needed for these times.  I don't know if I have shared these before, but I feel to put them in this post.

The first one is a prayer for we who are the children of God in Jesus:-
 
I say a prayer to Jesus, to the One Who always hears
to the Holy One of Israel Who wipes away all tears
'Great reader of hearts and Spirit of truth
guide us dear Lord in our days of youth
My prayer is for wisdom to know what is right
Oh send us the fire to lighten our night


Make our pathways straight Lord
teach us to lean on You
Lead us with Your Spirit 
Your Word so pure and true
We love You Lord as children
who love a Father dear
we cry to You to comfort us
and know that You will hear
 
 
We know the world is treacherous in this the 'evil day'
so guide our feet dear Father along the narrow way
One thing we know for certain from the day of our re-birth
is......He Who lives within us is greater than he that is on this Earth'

'You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.'  1 John ch. 4 v. 4



The second prayer is for the world, and the state that it is in:-












In spite of the hate let Your perfect love shine
Lord it has to be Yours when it's hard to show mine
In spite of the wars let your perfect peace rule
when a terrorist's bomb is placed in a school
In spite of 'religion' may God's truth prevail
when an army - not Yours - leaves it's bloody trail
and may all who take part hang their heads in shame
and say 'This is not done in God's precious Name'

'Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.'  Matthew ch. 5 v. 16



The third prayer is for those in this world who are held imprisoned in the grip of the spiritual enemy.  It is a prayer asking God to send us, His children, into this darkened world to spread the Gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ His son:-

Lord have mercy on them all
for they know not what they do
the perils of this world surrounding them now
are forbidding their vision of You
Turn their shadowy darkness to reflections of light
let them look on Your wonderful face
for there's no other Saviour can rescue them now
Only Jesus - God's manifest grace

So have mercy great Master, reach down from Your throne
cause Your hand to unlock prison doors
for the captives are weary from fighting alone
they don't know that the battle is Yours
They don't know there's a warrior 
a great mighty Lord
the One of Whom boldly we sing
they don't know this Redeemer
with two edged sword
has the power to change everything

For they're locked in their prison
of darkness and woe
powerless - unable to see
that the jailer is Satan
the most cunning foe
who once had a power over me
So now send us dear Father with mercy and grace
out to rescue the injured and dying
close our eyes to what's written on worldly face
let our ears hear imprisoned souls crying

He said to them, 'Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to every creature. '
Mark ch. 16 v. 15

 

20 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
thank you for joining me in prayer.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
A well written, moving set of poems.
Indeed, the world is in desperate need of love, which only God can give. Yet, God's love is already in the world - the very fact that we are here, alive, with families, full stomachs, and a roof over our heads, is proof that indeed, God so loved the world...
And he has established churches to let our light shine bright enough to penetrate the veil the adversary uses to blind many.
If only the light of Christ in me would shine brighter...
An excellent post. God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank,
just noticed your comment here when I looked into my phone, I was bought a phone that gives me access to the internet for my birthday, and I have been trying to learn more about it. Yes, God's love is in the world but many do not know of it because they do not believe in Jesus. The world is in total darkness at the moment and that is why it is very important to spread the Gospel of salvation. The prayers that I have put on this post are exactly what I feel now, even though they were written some time back.
Lovely to hear from you Frank, I must get back to reading other people's blogs, beginning with yours. We have been very busy here lately, having family over from Northern Ireland and a granddaughter getting married last week.
God bless you and Alex as you, together with all God's children, shine the light of Christ.

Ceil said...

Hi Brenda! "In spite of the hate let Your perfect love shine
Lord it has to be Yours when it's hard to show mine"

I really related to those words. You put my desire to channel the love of Jesus so well. There is so much unrest and nervousness now in the world. Where will our comfort come from, how will we find peace? Only in God, only in Jesus.
Thank you for these beautiful poems. When you clean out things, you sometimes find treasures.
Blessings,
Ceil

Brenda said...

Hi Ceil,
I thank God for Jesus in my life, as it is only through Him that I see that the battle is spiritual. I look back and see how He brought me out of my worldly prison, and in these times the enemy is rife as he knows His time is short. So it is very important to shine our light in this very dark world.
You are right about 'cleaning out things', and that is only one bundle that I have sorted so far:-). However, sometimes I find things knit together just at the right time.
God bless you Ceil

Keith said...

Am Amar Amen!!

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful, meaningful, timeless poem/prayers that speak to us even more as we sense the End Times approaching. Man and the world continue to deteriorate in sin, but the Great Physician can and will heal them with His light of love. May we share that light and love as you do so beautifully in your writings.
God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Keith,
lovely to see you. I think you should have a special discussion blog on the interpretation of the original Hebrew scriptures, you are well educated in this area. To the ever learning, what does Am Amar mean? :-)

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
thank you for your very encouraging comment. I can only give glory to God and His wonderful Son for anything I write, as everything is inspired by the love that God had for me by bringing me to Jesus (the One mediator between God and man), Who was sacrificed for the sins of all of us.
God bless you too Laurie.

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

"Am Amar Amen" means "...and the people said, Let It Be."

Brenda said...

Thank you Keith

Never Forsaken said...

This was very timely for me to read today. You see, lately I've really been wondering why God puts up with this society here in the world today. I mean, things have really gotten so dark out there lately. It's always been dark..but it just seems like it's getting drastically worse each day now!
All the violence, and the way good people are being treated like they are the bad guys, and evil people are held up high on a pedestal, the way God is being removed from so many more places..even churches!
it is clear that the time of Christ's return is getting near, and our light (however dim) is to be a beacon of hope for those who have the heart to see through the darkness of this day.
Thank you for posting, as usual, a very thought-provoking post!
Love the poem too ((hugs)) ~Lisa

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
I believe absolutely that the Lord is soon returning and that we must shine the light of the Gospel of salvation as much as we can. The enemy is spiritual and it is only the Spirit of God in Christ that can remove it from all of mankind.
Lovely to see you Lisa and may God bless you with the good health He is well able to provide. Amen

S. Knowles said...

Thanks for sharing this with us Brenda. Your poems are always so lovely. :-) God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
it is nice to see you again. It is the Lord Who is lovely, and He is the only One that can lead us back to God. Sometimes trials are hard, but I believe that perseverance brings the best result. I hope Tim is well, say 'hello' to him if you are still in touch with him.
God bless you Sateigdra.

S. Knowles said...

I haven't heard for him recently but I will say hello to him for you. :-)

Brenda said...

Thank you Sateigdra,
I like your new photo.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

You are welcome haranda57