Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 26 March 2024

As we come up to Easter time I just feel led to share these two poems that I wrote concerning our precious Saviour Jesus.

My Treasure

What good is my gold if I don't have You
what good is my worldly treasure
all it can buy is a dream or two
a moment of Earthly pleasure
What use is it if I have jewels and fine clothes
and I cut with a silver knife
if all of these things fall apart and decay
with my soul at the end of this life
No, I'd rather have treasure in Heaven
gathered in barns of trust
than to have all the money on Earth Lord
and my soul to return to the dust
Yes, I'd rather have you Lord Jesus
You're worth far more than gold to me
For gold's only good for a lifetime
but You ..... For eternity

'... but lay up for yourselves treasure in Heaven, where neither moth not rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.' Mathew ch.6 vs. 19 - 21


Cleansing Fire

A fire burns within me
a precious cleansing flame
fanned by the Holy Spirit
it bears God's sacred name

It came because of Jesus
and His great sacrifice
from me it asks no pain - no grief
for me there is no price

Only for me to feel it's touch
and the burning of it's love
only for me to obey the voice
that is speaking from above

Yes, a fire burns within me
yet it causes me no pain
for what it destroys will be no loss
but what shall be left is gain



12 comments:

Sandi said...

It is important to remember the things of this world are momentary.

"...For gold's only good for a lifetime
but You ..... For eternity"

This made me smile. Do you ever watch Star Trek? There is an episode where a character, Quark, is after some latinum (a currency suspended in gold bars). In his time gold is not the valuable commodity, latinum is, and when he discovers he's been tricked and the latinum is gone he exclaims, "There's nothing here but worthless gold!" How many of us will say that one day?

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, no I have not watched that program, but what you have said this man has said lines up exactly with my first poem, and what I believe. God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Such beautiful, Scripture-based poems! May we be on fire for the Lord and value Him above all else. May God bless you and your lovely ministry.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I will always relate Easter to the crucifixion of Christ, nothing to do with chocolate. It would be good if when a child receives an Easter egg it would be referred to as the beginning of a new life. God bless you Laurie.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

You write such beautiful poems, Brenda.
I was particularly touched by the first one.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandra,
thank you for your kind comment. I don't know if I shared this with you before, but all poems and songs only came into my mind after my near death experience, when I eventually became born again of the Holy Spirit. Once we are born of God's Holy Spirit we become a child of God and have access to the mind of Christ. God bless you as we come to celebrate the time of Easter, when our beautiful Saviour gave His life on Earth to enable us to have eternal life.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you Brenda. Wishing you and yours a Blessed and Peaceful Easter.
God bless.

Brenda said...

You too Victor, with your family. God bless.

Brenda said...

Irina, for some reason your comments are not coming up on my posts, only when in I look on the full comments section. I will try to find out why. Happy Easter.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
I try to refer to Easter as Resurrection Sunday because that's what it's all about -- not bunnies or chocolate. Great idea about telling children Easter eggs represent new life in Christ. But sadly, at the US White House Easter egg hunt this year, they announced that religious symbols on Easter eggs were prohibited. So, no cross or empty tomb. May God continue to use your lovely ministry to bring others to Him. May you and yours have a blessed Resurrection Sunday,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I am amazed that the White House has announced that religious symbols on Easter eggs were prohibited, but this only shows what is happening in some countries. Here in Northern Ireland there is still quite a lot of Christianity going on. Easter is definitely about Jesus's resurrection, and I will never refer to it as anything else. No wonder the scriptures say that in the end times many shall fall away from the faith. God bless you and yours Laurie as you celebrate our Lord's resurrection.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Yes, prohibiting religious symbols is not only sad, but a sign of apostasy in the End Times. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Laurie