Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Sunday 4 February 2024

Your precious world

Only You can satisfy
when lands are parched and streams run dry
Lord only You can satisfy .... in this our hungry world

Only You can comfort me
with words in answer to my plea
of 'Father change my destiny'
Lord only You can comfort me ..... in this our troubled world

Only You can bring me hope
while I in constant darkness grope
when sin does bind like tightening rope
Lord only You can bring me hope .... in this our sinful world

Only You can be my light
when wrong has overshadowed right
and daytime's fading into night
Lord only You can be my light .... in this our darkened world

Only You can give true love
brought forth as showers from above
descending gentle as a dove
Lord only You can give true love .... in this Your precious world.

14 comments:

Ирина Полещенко said...

Only our Lord can bring us Hope!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you and praise you, Lord.

God bless, Brenda.

Brenda said...

Hi Irina, so right, only our Lord can bring us hope. God bless you with all He has for us in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor, praise the Lord indeed. God bless you.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
An excellent poem.
As I read it, a verse of Scripture came to mind:
I Peter 5:7 -
Cast all your cares upon him, for he cares for you.
Wishing you blessings on you and your family.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank, thank you for your very kind comment. That was a perfect verse to accompany my poem. God bless you and Alex.

Laurie Collett said...

Beautiful, Brenda! He is our only Light and our only Hope in the darkness of this world.
God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, yes, He is our only hope in this troubled world. We are definitely in the end times, I believe it will be very soon when our beloved Saviour returns. God bless you Laurie.

Sandi said...

He is the only answer. God bless you, Brenda.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, yes He is truly the only answer. God bless you too with all He has for us in Jesus.

Esperanza said...

What a wonderful poem! Thanks for sharing

Brenda said...

Hi Esperanza, thank you for your kind comment. God bless you for visiting.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
I share your belief (and fervent prayer) that our Lord will return for us very soon! But only the Father knows the day and hour, and His timing is always perfect. God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, yes, only the Father knows the time our Lord will return. There is no fear of death when we are believers. This life is a learning process, for us to know and to learn God's ways. God bless.