Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 3 May 2011

On Hallowed Wing

On Sunday, the preacher in the church that I attend spoke on Isaiah ch.40, verse 31, 'But they that wait uponj the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.....'  I thought about a song I had written some time ago, and which I also put onto a little card, leaving out the chorus.  It is called
On Hallowed Wing.

When eagles fly on hallowed wing to far and distant lands
They are not guided by man's voice, not lifted by man's hands
They let no deluge hamper them, not fear the driving snow
For all that would but trouble them are in the clouds below
So when you do your Father's work, if child of God you be
Look to the eagle lifted high by God's grace, given free
Then you will also face life's trials, and surely come to know
That strength will come from God above, and fear stay far below

This is a verse that caused me to write a song that echos the Biblical fact that if we put our trust in Jesus Christ, then His victory is our victory in every situation.   ' I will love Thee O Lord my strength' Psalm ch.18 v.1

No comments: