Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Spirit Song

Spirit Song is a small booklet containing a selection of poems and songs that I have written, through which I have spoken to God and, also, I have felt the Spirit of God speaking to me and, in some instances, others.
It is a testimony of light coming into darkness - the light of God, through Jesus Christ, coming into the darkness of my world.
There are many areas of darkness in my world still, but the light that has come into my life is a far greater power than that darkness, and is able to rescue me from it.

'In Him was life, and that life was the light of men.  The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it.'     John ch.1 vs.4,5

Good and evil
Is it by choice or predestined, that we do good or evil?  What is good, what is evil, where is the plumbline?  Is my evil somebody else's good, is my good somebody else's evil?  To whom somebody else's evil is good, then it is good.  To whom somebody else's good is evil then it is evil.  To establish a common good or a common evil there must be a plumbline.  Without a plumbline there is no such thing as good or evil - only chaos.

'Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.'    Genesis ch.1 v.2

Let Go
Let go of the things that are holding you child
the things that will keep you from me
Each sin you hold on to is forming the crown
that was placed on my head can't you see
Let the chains round your heart be unlocked by My love
let the light of My truth enter in
There's no longer a sentence of death on you child
if you'll only let go of your sin

Let go, let go of your burden my child
lift your eyes and look into my face
See the blood running out from the wound in my side
as I'm nailed to this cross in your place
See the water that flows from beneath my torn heart
It's a river of life to you now
But while you're holding on to the things of this world
there's a thorn pressing deep in my brow

So let go of the things that are drawing you back
to the world and its pleasures again
for although they appear to be joy for awhile
they can only bring suffering and pain
I was wounded and pierced for the sins of this world
My stripes show the terrible price
And if you turn again to what I've saved you from
there remains no more scrifice

Returning Prodigal

Lord I'm lost in the darkness
Lost, alone and forlorn
My garments are tattered and filthy
My sandals are battered and worn
Lost, I'm injured and frightened
With wounds all open and sore
The life that I thought I had wanted
Has left me rejected and poor

Lord I'm sorry I hurt You
Now pain is the path that I roam
Discovered when I chose to desert You
Father I want to come home
Now as I lay on my pillow
My slumber is broken by fears
My shelter is the ash and the willow
My friends are repentance and tears

Father I'll never deserve You
You love me in spite of my shame
I run to You longing to serve You
Proud to be wearing Your name
Yes I run to You now longing to serve You
I'm so proud to be wearing Your name

Messiah

I watch in anguish every day
as killing, torture, hatred reign
In horror turn my eyes away
hoping somehow to reduce the pain
I cry
Despair and sorrow gripping me
Then Jesus comes
saying 'Child I see'
and the burden is removed from me

I stumble blindly down life's road
through shifting sand and mists of sin
Bent low by fortune's heavy load
deep loneliness and fear within
I scream
Held tightly by frustration's hand
Then Jesus comes
saying'Child - I understand'
and shows to me a promised land

I reach towards this man of love
this gentle lifter of my head
Empowered by Spirit from above
to wake from sleep the living dead
I breathe
as new life stirs within my soul
then Jesus comes
saying 'Child - I make you whole
and give you back what Satan stole'

I listen - now familiar sound
A still small voice dispels the gloom
My step a dance upon the grouond
as I arise from earthen tomb
I praise .....
my song 'Emmanuel'
The Christ has come
saying 'All is well
For I have conquered death and hell'

No comments: