Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Prayer, and faith in God's timeless Word

Several things have happened recently that have spoken to me spiritually of prayer and faith.

One night I had a dream in which I received three certificates after passing three exams necessary to become a barrister.   A barrister is an advocate, someone who puts a case on someone's behalf.  For some time I have felt very moved to intercessory prayer.  Before coming to live here I was always involved in prayer groups, sometimes only with one person, but always with Spiritually passionate believers.

A few days later I bought some dandelion tea   I like herbal teas and had never tried dandelion tea, so I went into town and bought some.  A new visitor called Sandi came over to my blog a couple of days later and I went over to view her blog.  I could not believe it!  Her blog is called 'Dandelion tea' and the post for that day was called 'Pray' and just had this verse in it.'
'If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.'

2 Chronicles 7:14
I really believe that the Lord is showing me the need for His people to pray at this time.


Then, shortly after, I was with my friend in the city where we go to distribute our leaflets.  I needed to go to the post office which was above Smith's book shop.  We entered the bookshop and came to where the steps and escalator led up to the post office.
A young man was limping to the escalator.  I said to my friend 'I don't think I can walk up the steps (thinking of my joint pain that has come upon me ever since I received the word from Psalm 103 about healing from all diseases, which I believe the Lord spoke to me regarding something I have had in my body for over twenty years).  So we took the escalator up to the post office.

   
 Some time later, we went into the Debenhams store to use the Ladies washroom.  We came to the escalator to find that only the one coming down was working.  The one going up to the first floor, where the ladies washroom was, had stopped working.  I felt straight away that there was something spiritual to this as it came to me that I had chosen not to go up the stairs in the bookshop, and had used the escalator, yet this escalator was not working and was just as a normal staircase would be. 
 
 
 
 

I climbed the stairs experiencing some pain in my joints.  However, when we reached the first floor, right in front of me was a stand with the word 'faith' written above it.  I could hardly believe what I was seeing, and knew that I was being told something but could not get the full meaning of what was being said to me. When we came back to go down to the ground floor somebody had placed a black shoe right in front of the word 'faith'.

The strange thing was that in order to write this post I had to go back to the shop and take these pictures, which I did last Friday.  This time there was a red shoe in front of the word 'faith', whereas the week before there had been a black shoe placed in front of the word 'faith'.  I felt the red shoe stood for a  warning and I believe I know what the warning is about and  what the Lord has been trying to point out to me.



I have been shown that the Lord will heal me and I assumed that I had the faith to believe that.  However, I believe that I have been shown that there is a great danger of me allowing the enemy to rob me of that faith by walking according to what my carnal mind is telling me and allowing it to block out what the Lord's word is telling me, and that is what I believe the red shoe hiding the word 'faith' is representing.

If I go back to when I was going to the post office, my mind was focusing on the lame man and the difficulty I would have walking up the steps.  There was actually a thought in my mind of me being like that man in the future.  Yet who was putting these thoughts into my mind? It was not God, for I have had the promise of healing.  This makes me more aware of how important it is to take every thought captive and bring it into obedience to Christ (who is the Word of God ).  The enemy is very cunning and I believe he tries to cause doubt in our minds when God has given us a promise through the rhema word, which He has with me.  James ch. 1 vs. 6-8 states :- '.  But he should ask in faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed about by the wind.  For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord,   since he is a man of two minds, unstable in all his ways.'

Matthew ch. 21 v. 22 states:- 'And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.'

I immediately took those deceiving thoughts captive and brought them into obedience to Christ, the Word of God contained in my promise.  Something else happened recently that reminded me of the surety of the word of God in our lives when we truly believe it.

We wanted to re paint our kitchen walls and when my husband looked in the garage to see what tins of paint we had there he came across a matt emulsion, the colour of which was called 'Timeless'.  We decided that would be just right for the kitchen walls. 

We are also thinking of changing the bathroom furniture and saw a nice wash basin and toilet, so we bought them to store in the house until we decided which shower cubicle we wanted.  We also picked some wash basin taps to match.  When I looked at the the delivery note to check the items, I noticed that the taps were also called 'Timeless'.  I thought this was strange as the paint and the taps had no manufacturer's connection at all.




Shortly after, I was in a Tesco store and picked up their free magazine.  When I got home I had a brief read of it and came across an article called 'Right here right now'.  It said underneath the heading:- 'Learning to be in the moment can improve nearly every area of your life,  here's how to reap the benefits of mindfulness.'  I realized as I read a bit more that it was an article about some kind of meditation, which I did not carry on reading but which brought to my mind how the Lord tells us to take no thought for tomorrow, that our times are in His hands, and I would encourage everyone who has been given that rhema word to walk in faith, not leaning on your own understanding or going by what you see.  We must not let the enemy rob us of that word which is 'timeless', the same today, yesterday and forever.  That word of God is like water that runs from timeless taps.  
With the mind of Christ we have peace, and all the promises of God are 'yes' in Him.

After writing this post yesterday I was lying in bed this morning and it came into my mind that Jesus said in Mark ch. 9 v.23 to the man who had doubt whether Jesus could heal his son 'Everything is possible to one who has faith.” So I said to the Lord the same words that the boy's father had said in verse 24:-  'I do believe, help my unbelief'.

 
Then I started to sing to myself a little song that came into my mind.:-

'Lord heal my body Lord take my pain
Lord make me whole and healthy again
For You are the Lord that healeth me
You've been sacrificed to set me free
 


38 comments:

Aritha said...

So glad you wrote a blog about God's wise way with you. It is sometimes so beautiful to read how God works in brothers and sisters elsewhere. Let's capture all the thoughts that aren't according to the Word of our God.

Beautiful lessons. Thank you for sharing, Brenda.

Brenda said...

Hi Ariella,
yes it is good to share our experiences with one another. Sometimes the Lord accompanies His word to us with signs and sometimes He uses parables to show us things. As long as these things line up with the word He has spoken to us it is fine. I have lots of instances like these in my life.

Sandi said...

This was a joy to read. :)

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, nice to see you.
I had to add a little experience that happened to my post. Glad you enjoyed reading.

Never Forsaken said...

The red shoe reminded me of a check mark in front of the word 'faith'.
Every time I read your blog I am reminded once again to slow down and pay attention to what is all around me...I think we tend to miss quite a lot when we don't.
I have never tried dandelion tea either.
I really enjoy Sandi's blog though.
Blessings and love~ Lisa

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
It is really lovely to see you, I miss you blogging but understand that there is a time for everything. I love the way things are revealed in the simplest of ways as I go through everyday life. It brings God so close. I find it is the carnal mind that is the 'too busy' one. I am glad that my times are in God's hands and not in the hands of my carnal thoughts which try to tell me what is ahead. I love Sandi's blog too.
God bless you Lisa.

Lux G. said...

Sharing our stories really makes the big difference in introducing God. It makes God easier to understand and relate to. Thanks for sharing your story.

Brenda said...

Hi SuperLux,
I absolutely agree with you. We are all on a journey and there are many different side tracks along the road. Nice to meet you.

S. Knowles said...

I came on your wall several times to read this post, I even kept the page up on my phone so I could remember to read it but I just kept putting it off for later when I know I could just sit down and read without distraction but I kept losing the page, even as I went to comment the page switched to a later post of yours.

I enjoyed reading this and I really like that you spoke about prayer and faith and reminded us that God is the same yesterday today and tommorow. Also I'm glad you reminded us about bringing our thoughts into captivity. Recently I have been saying out loud "I submit all my thoughts into obediance to Jesus Christ, bless His holy name". I would say it everytime a thought I knew displeased God ir would displease Him if I dwelt on it, eventually I would forget what I was even thinking about.

I have been making intercessory prayers too, I feel it's something I have to daily or whenever somebody comes to mind or if I dreamt of somebody I feel I need to pray. I went to a church service Thursday night at a Church called Rhema, I didn't know what the word meant and I still don't even after you mentioned it here, but now I want to know and look it up.

Brenda you have such amazibg discerment, your able to connect thibgs Spiritually that may be signs from God or His instruction trying to show you somethibg. I reallu want to be able to connect together thibgs like that. I sometimes feel God may be trying to tell me something but I'm just not perceiving it or paying attention. I've been having various dream I don't understand but I stronly feel like God is showing me something and I'm not perceptive or discernibg eniugh to get it anf Brenda it saddens me because I wabt ti know. I pray about it asking Him to help me know the interpretation of those dreams. Well, I'm glad to read yet another very inspiring blog from you. They encourage me so very much. God bless you Brenda.

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
I really believe that many of us within God's people are missing out on what God has for us, especially where wisdom, knowledge and healing is concerned, and many other things including the ability to fight off the enemy. This interpretation of the word 'rhema' is in my view a perfect one.

In Greek, the word rhema means "an utterance." Therefore, the rhema word in Biblical terms refers to a portion of scripture that "speaks" to a believer. In most cases, a rhema word received while reading the Bible applies to a current situation or need. In essence, the rhema word is timely and extremely valuable in a Christian's walk with God.

I have always experienced dreams and instruction from God through what I believe to be the 'rhema' word since I became born again, and believe that lots of other people do too. To me it is the only way that we can be changed, and that change is certainly for the better. I believe that it is not only that we have to learn how to love like God loves ( and I have many more lessons to learn there ) but I also believe that we need to learn just how much God loves us in wanting us to have all of His promises and blessings which are 'Yes' in Jesus.
The enemy is continually trying to rob us of this and I really believe that the two things I was shown, that I have written about in this post, are the need in all of God's church for intercessory prayer and the increasing of our faith. Otherwise we are in danger of spiritually losing out.

I believe absolutely that prayer is essential in the life of a Christian and that all things are possible with God. I also believe that we go through the process of drinking the 'milk' as young believers to eating the 'strong meat' as we mature in Christ. We are given gifts of the Spirit from God and we can pray for those gifts when there is a lack in the church.
God bless you Sateigdra, I love your honesty and transparency in the Lord.

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
I too will pray that you have the interpretation of your dreams, then we will be in line with the scripture 'where two agree as touching anything on earth it will be done for them by their Father in Heaven'. Amen and thank You Lord.

S. Knowles said...

Thanks so much Brenda I really appreciate it. It makes me glad to know I have such loving and helpful brothers and sisters in Christ who are understanding in the wisdom and knowledge of God. Praise God!

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda, I'm fascinated by your dream about the 3 certificates. As you know, I am always interested n "triplets" that may reflect the Trinity. As you say, a barrister is an advocate. He or she is also called upon to have discernment and to be an instrument of justice. Jesus Christ is our Advocate, the Spirit gives us discernment, and the Father carries out judgment until His Son shall return as Supreme Judge as well as Lord of Lords and King of Kings. I love how you are so attentive to messages God speaks to you.
May God bless you richly,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
yes that is so true that Jesus is our advocate, or mediator between man and God, and He has given us the authority of prayer through faith in Him. The Holy Spirit is amazing how He reveals that being in the Lord does not stop the enemy from trying to rob us of that authority, just like the thief that he is. Faith is the 'substance' of things hoped for and that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God, and it is like the Lord says:- we shall not receive what we ask for if there is doubt present in us, but we can ask for help with our unbelief. I love the fact that the word of the Lord is timeless, today, yesterday and tomorrow (another combination of three) and speaks not only to a person who lived two thousand years ago on this earth, but speaks to us also who pray to him now.
God bless you Laurie.

Stephanie said...

Hello my dear Brenda! It's so nice being able to "visit" you and read the words of wisdom. Thank you, sweet friend, for sharing your story.

And thank you for always being full of kindness when you visit my blog - your comments truly are a blessing.

Happy Monday to you! Hugs

Ceil said...

Hi Brenda! Wow, God is so good to lead you to your new path, an intercessor for his people. He just doesn't let go of his people, the chosen he wants to use. It's so inspiring to see you pick up on all the little clues left out for you.

I loved the photo of 'faith' that you saw at the shop. What a jaw-dropper!
May he use you in powerful ways,
Ceil

Brenda said...

Hi Stephanie,
it's lovely to 'see' you too. It is always good to visit your blog. It is beautiful, and your crafts are beautiful too.
God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Ceil,
I have always felt a leading to intercessory prayer, especially in a gathering when I was living in Lancashire where a group of five of us grew to a church gathering of over one hundred. (long story ). The Lord gave us a building, and we used to pray constantly. I love the way the Lord accompanies His word with signs. My joints are a lot better, and I believe I have had more encouragement to trust in Him for my healing today.
God bless
God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda! God and His Word are unchanging, timeless, eternal -- the same yesterday, today and forever. May He continue to bless you for your faithfulness to hearing His voice and spreading His Word.
God bless,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Thank you Laurie for your encouraging words, and God bless you for your encouragement to others in your blog.
God bless your family too.

child of God said...

Hi Brenda,
:)
I read Lisa's comment and I must say that I stand in agreement with her on the fact that when I read your blog I am reminded to stop and be alert to my surroundings. I believe I am missing a lot of what Father is showing me because I just move through my day too fast and not noticing the little details.

Praying for you sister asking Father to remove this joint pain.

<><

Brenda said...

Hi coG,
just half an hour before I turned my computer on this morning I was thinking about you. Yes, I agree with you and Lisa that sometimes we can miss the significant little signs in everyday life that confirm what our heavenly Father is revealing to us in His word. He is ever present and omnipresent, and His thoughts are for our welfare and not to harm us.
I feel as if in my trials I am being strengthened in Him and know that I could not go down the path I go down without His presence. He has the power to do all things, and is not a man that He should lie. I love His word and know that it is the only thing that can take my reliance off my carnal mind. Hi is in my mind all my waking hours.
How often does the carnal mind portray pictures of negative consequences if we trust in God, when He has given us a rhema Word of blessing? The truth is that to the carnal mind the things of God are foolishness, and we know who is trying to convince us of that lie.
I would encourage anyone to hold fast, believe, and pray for faith to increase if necessary once they know He has revealed something to them through that Word.
Thank you for your prayers my sister, and we shall endeavour to keep our minds stayed upon the One who loves us. God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda, May you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! May God continue to bless you richly for encouraging others and spreading His Word.
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
may you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving too, and thank you for your encouragement, and your lovely blog.
God bless you.

child of God said...

Hi Brenda,
Yes Satan is the great deceiver and he loves to attack our flesh. Yet, Jesus, through His stripes and sacrifice on the cross paid the price. What you are feeling is only the symptoms of the illness for the illness has been healed in the name of Jesus. Keep claiming health and deny and rebuke the symptoms in the name of Jesus.

Praying and praying for you my dear sister.
<><

Brenda said...

Hi child of God,
I agree with you, Satan is angry because 'all the promises of God are 'YES' in Jesus, and the more we put our trust in the Lord the stronger our faith will grow. The wonderful thing is - although I have had lumps in my body for over twenty two years, I have not really felt bad or sick. When Satan ever has tried to put fear in my carnal mind, the Lord has always strengthened me with His word and this has brought my faith in the Lord's word to a higher level. I know that He heals and performs miracles because I have experienced them, and this long test came originally out of me asking the Lord to teach me about sickness and healing, and I even believe that I was led by the Lord to do that.
This 'Job' trial that I have been in for about six months is in the joints and bones, but much of it has gone - Praise the Lord. I believe absolutely that we are tested to see if we believe God's word to us, just like Abraham was.
He knew that no matter what his mind would tell him was going to happen with his son when he took him to be sacrificed, God's promise to him in Genesis ch. 21 v. 12 ', for Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted' would come to pass.

We are God's Israel and the word that spoke to Israel in the Old testament is used as 'strong meat' in our lives. We are told in 1 Corinthians ch. 10 v. 6 that these things are there as examples to us. Verse 11 reads 'Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.'

I love the way the Lord teaches us and encourages us spiritually through the scriptures, and I believe that His promise of healing to me will come true. There is a time to heal and He knows that time.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I have looked at your face book page, and will go over more times, but I know so little about things. I have not a clue what a hash tag is. God willing, if needs be, I shall learn.
God bless you in your ministry.

child of God said...

Hi Brenda,
I believe through these lessons you are learning are meant to be passed on to others who are struggling in similar situations. The wisdom and knowledge you are receiving needs to be shared.

On my facebook page I follow a man who for a majority of his life he lived in and out of prison and on his third conviction he was given an option of re-hab through a Christian program. To make a short story short he got saved and he is now totally on fire for Jesus dedicating his whole life in service to Him. His testimony is powerful. He writes christian rap music, ministers to teens in jail and protests for pro-life. He has taken his life and uses it to reach those who are going through similar things as he did. Many souls are coming to Jesus Christ.

Bless you hon. I know the pain of arthritis, it is horrible. Keep claiming and I will keep praying.

Blessings and love,
<><

Brenda said...

Amen to what you have said coG, we bring forth fishes after our own kind. I could never tell anyone to do the same as what I know and believe the Lord is instructing and encouraging me to do in Him, but I believe absolutely that if we share our testimonies then we could well be encouraging those who travel a similar path in their walk with the Lord.

We are all individuals and God knows the way we take and what He will also use us for in the body of Christ. Every day of our lives is written in His book before even one of them was formed. I truly believe that the Bible is a vocabulary and not just a book, it is the way the Holy Spirit is able to instruct us, scripture can be used in all situations, and He quite often accompanies His word with signs.

God is no respecter of persons, and as you have related with the ex offender, God will be able to use him with those who can identify with his experiences,if we have sympathy we shall have empathy.

We can not judge those outside of the church, and only the Word itself is our judge. I don't know if I shared with you how I was talking with an 'alcoholic' in the last town I lived in and he started to cry. He had been in one of the wars and he could not forgive himself for killing someone, and had used alcohol to try to shut it out. When we share the forgiveness of God through Jesus with those who are feeling condemned it is only then that the light enters into the darkness.
As for Athur Itus I just tell him to clear out of my body in Jesus name. I have to smile, I never put a name to any sickness as I believe all the rest of what man says about it, according to what man knows in the human mind, will try to fill my mind. I endeavour to bring it into subjection to Christ - the word, and the Lord keeps reminding me and having me open to Psalm 103 when I do.
A lady who lived next door to me in Lancashire said that the doctors had given her two months to live. She said she prayed to God, and a few years later she was still alive. I came to live next door, shared the miracle and healings the Lord had performed in my own life. She used to come into my house every morning after my husband had gone to work and we would have a wonderful time of prayer, and she got baptized. There are lots of stories attached to that time, but she lived for twenty two years after she was told she had two months to live, having the pleasure of seeing and spending time with seventy two offspring (children, grand children , and great grand children. What is not possible with man is possible with God.

I had better sign off as I am a real chatterbox (as you have probably guessed).
God bless you.

child of God said...

Thanks for sharing those stories hon. They are a joy to read! Praising God for His faithfulness and His fullness.

I love that you are long winded. :)

Blessings,
<><

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
I believe that God is still the Great Physician, whether He heals supernaturally or through modern medicine. We don't always understand when our prayer for healing is delayed, or when His answer is not what we had hoped for. But I believe that when we see Him in glory, not only will our body be glorified and completely free of aging, illness, or pain, but we will understand why He allowed illness or other trial into our life for our good and His glory.
God bless you and your ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
we each have to work out our own salvation, and as long as we believe that we are doing the will of the Lord then that is what matters. If we seek, we shall find. My Father's words 'Let's see what the Lord says' have always stayed in my mind, and so I suppose that I have always gone back to the word of God for instruction. The two main things that I have been tried in are finances and sickness, and it is amazing how scripture has strengthened me in those areas, and proved itself true in my life many times.
I am still learning, and will be until I either leave this world or the Lord returns, but I have come to realize that the word of God is truly a living word. God bless you Laurie.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I don't know if you meant to leave your last comment on my previous post but I am answering on this post just in case it was a mistake. How beautiful that you saw those cloud formations against the moon on the way to the dance competition. He confirms His presence in so many beautiful ways.
God bless you and your family Laurie.

Aritha said...

How are you now? I was looking for a new blog here. But now I only write a commen for you, hoping it is wel wit you. Thanks for you fine comments on my blog.

Brenda said...

Hi Ariella, I'm fine thank you. I can only write when I am inspired to and I have been really busy lately. There is another post forming in my mind so , God willing, will be writing again soon.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
We are truly blessed that God leaves us love notes wherever we go! May you and yours have a joyous Christmas and all blessings in 2015 and until He comes again.
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I agree with you. Everywhere I go I feel the presence of God in situations. He brings a peace that passes all understanding and a love that we have never before known.
You too have a joyous Christmas and may God bless your 2015.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
Praise God for the peace, joy and love that only He can bring! May you have all blessings in 2015 and until He comes again!

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
Praise Him indeed, and my you too have all God's blessings in experiencing that love.