Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Thursday 13 April 2017

For God so loved the world

Glory Hallelujah

Glory Hallelujah - I just want to praise Your name
Glory Hallelujah - You made me able to stand when I was lame
Glory Hallelujah - Jesus the star of my night
You took me out of my darkness
and brought me into Your glorious light 

I was just a prisoner - locked in the arms of my worldly desire
sin and degradation burned my soul like raging fire
Then I heard You calling - I started seeking Your face
I came to You with sin’s death and destruction
You came to me with God’s mercy and grace 
 
Now I live in Jesus - I’m seated in Heavenly places with Him
Light is my companion - to show the way to eyes grown dim
I’m hearing from the Father - being taught by the Spirit of Life
No more in agony - in pain and in misery
no more in worry and in strife






















From Dusk to Dawn

Lord the dusk was falling in my life
Lord the dusk was falling in my life
My feet began to stumble and my eyes could barely see
Lord the dusk was falling in my life
So I sang of Your Holiness
I sang of Your faithfulness
I sang of Your power from above
I sang of Your gentleness
I sang of Your loveliness
I sang, yes I sang of Your love 

Lord the night brought darkness to my soul
Lord the night brought darkness to my soul
The moon no longer lit my path and the cold was all around
Lord the night brought darkness to my soul
I still sang of Your Holiness
I still sang of Your faithfulness
I still sang of Your power from above
I still sang of Your gentleness
I still sang of Your loveliness
I still sang, I still sang of Your love 

Lord the dawn has broken in my life
Lord the dawn has broken in my life
The darkest hour is gone now and the day is almost come
Lord the dawn has broken in my life
I still sing of Your Holiness
I still sing of Your faithfulness
I still sing of Your power from above
I still sing of Your gentleness
I still sing of Your loveliness
I still sing, I still sing of Your love 

Lord the sun is rising on my soul
Lord the sun is rising on my soul
My heart is warming to Your love as Your light is shining In
Lord the sun is rising on my soul
It makes me sing of Your Holiness
It makes me sing of Your faithfulness
It makes me sing of Your power from above
It makes me sing of Your gentleness
It makes me sing of Your loveliness
It makes me sing, it makes me sing of Your love 

So let’s all sing of His holiness
let’s all sing of His faithfulness
let's all sing of His power from above
let's all sing of His gentleness
let's all sing of His loveliness
let's all sing, let's all sing of His love


 

23 comments:

Sandi said...

Amen..

Keith said...

Hey Brenda, Nice Poems. Have you ever set them to music? They would make a great song.

Brenda said...

Hi Words Doctorate,
nice to meet you. I always love sharing about Jesus - God's Son - our Saviour.
God bless you with everything He has for us in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
God bless you with a peaceful weekend. I tried to leave my e mail in the box by the side of your blog, but I wasn't sure about the instructions that came up. I am not familiar with it.

Brenda said...

Hi Keith,
they are actually two of my songs that I wrote years ago. :-)

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Hi Brenda, Why aren't we hearing them? I really enjoyed the last song that you posted.

Brenda said...

Hi Keith,
it is just that an elder, who should have been a pastor, in the church I attended before we moved here put all that was recorded on a normal disc onto one that I could share on the internet. Then I had the young girl in the library here help me.
Those poems and songs were originally recorded in a place in Cardiff many years ago when me and my friend used to sing out in the streets and visit a lifers' wing in a prison. Even the chaplain of the prison came out with us one day to hand the leaflets out. It was a beautiful time.
Now it is blogging - and that is beautiful too.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

child of God said...

Beautiful poems Brenda, thank you for sharing. I too think they would be beautiful songs. It makes me think of
Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord,

Blessings to you hon on this Holy Week!! He is RISEN!

<><

Brenda said...

Hi coG,
I agree with you on Ephesians ch. 5 v. 19, but in many churches it is not allowed. It also says in 1 Corinthians ch. 14 v. 26:-
'What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church.'

I think I have only been to four church gatherings where this was how they operated - according to scripture, and those are the only 'church' places where I experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit. I saw healings, miracles and wonderful gifts of the Holy Spirit operating in those places. I know that it was because the Spirit was not quenched. I pray that the Spirit will return and that the dry bones shall live again.
God bless you, and Yes - He is Risen! Hallelujah

Debbie Harris said...

Such a beautiful post, Brenda.
Those poems give one much to ponder on, thank you.

Easter blessings, dear lady♡

Brenda said...

Hi Debbie,
lovely to hear from you, and thank you for your kind comment. All glory to our Father God and His wonderful Son Jesus.
Easter blessings to you too.

Karen said...

Wonderful praise! I am so thankful for God's love and that He is here with us and for us. Have a blessed weekend.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I too am so thankful for God's love and His presence with us. How could we not praise Him for sending His wonderful Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
You too have a blessed weekend, and your family.

Ceil said...

Hi Brenda! Happy Easter to you and yours! May God bless you abundantly, that you will be filled with his love and presence.
Your songs are just so lovely, what a talent you have for expressing your faith. Thank you for sharing them with all of us, you are a proof of how God shares his artistry! And how you faithfully respond to that gift too.

Easter blessings,
Ceil

Brenda said...

Hi Ceil,
and a very Happy Easter to you and yours. It is a pleasure to know you and all our blogger family in the Lord. I absolutely know that all of what every one of us shares comes out of our love for the One Who first loved us.
'For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son.'

When I take in the full meaning of this sentence, I see an unconditional love in our Father God and His obedient Son that I desire to have, and will strive to attain.

Easter blessings to you too Ceil.
Brenda.

Brenda said...

Just to add Ceil,
I know I could never attain that kind of love, but I endeavour to try to live and to love as much as I can in the way that the Holy Spirit is guiding me.
God bless you a second time Ceil :-)

Laurie Collett said...

Beautiful poems/songs, Brenda, that encourage our spirits while praising His Holy Name. Praise God that He uses the gifts He has entrusted to us to His glory and to build up the body of Christ. May He continue to bless you and your ministry richly.
Love in Christ,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Lauei,
thank you for your kind comment - all glory to the Lord. I awoke this morning with the words 'Freely you have received, freely give.' in my mind, and agree with what you have said regarding God using the gifts He has entrusted to us to build one another up.
May we all continue to encourage one another, as you do in your blog Laurie.
Love in Jesus to you.

S. Knowles said...

Hi Brenda,
Brenda you have such a gift for poetry and song writing. Reminds me of this, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17.

May God bless and keep you
Your sister in Christ Sateigdra

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
lovely to see you. You are right - all that I write comes from my experiences with my beautiful Lord and Father God, whether it be praise or the sharing of my testimonies and the love and power of the Lord in my trials. All glory to God and His Son Jesus.

Did you get my message concerning when I went into your newer blog a message came up saying there was a safety issue, and I could not get out of the site. I have had the same message come up with Jerry's site and can not go into it. I don't know what the problem is.
If it is possible are you able to put your posts on the older web page that you used to use, as I miss reading your posts?
God bless you Sateigdra.

Jephyr! said...

Hi Brenda, As I read the beautiful verses from this post I though they were like modern Psalms. Then I read in the comments that they were song lyrics you used to perform. As others have said I'd love to hear them someday. Anyway I hope all is well. Thanks for sharing as always and God Bless you!

Brenda said...

Hi Jephyr,
thank you for your lovely comment. Yes I wrote these songs years ago when me and my friend used to sing out in the streets. I did not have these put onto a cd, but I still sing them around the house and sometimes start singing them when we take our leaflets out into the street when they come to mind. I was singing two when I woke up this morning, in my head as I would have woken my husband up otherwise :-)
I am going to put those two up on my next blog - I have not spent much time on my computer lately as I have been doing quite a bit in the garden.
God bless you Jephyr.