Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Saturday 11 November 2017

Joined as one in the Spirit

The only way we can be one with God is to be joined in the Spirit.
If we look at a crowd of people they are many, not one, because they all have separate minds which can differ immensely according to what thoughts are in those minds.  If we look at a cloud of smoke, if it separates into many pieces  by being blown by the wind in various directions it is still one, as it does not have the same issues.
This is an example to me of the difference between the carnal mind and the mind of Christ.

Something that speaks of God's promise in the scriptures is the rainbow.
In Genesis ch. 9 vs. 15-17 God says:-
'and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.' And God said to Noah, 'This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.'… 
 
We now have a new covenant which is God's promise of eternal life if we believe in Jesus being the Word of God made flesh,  Who became the sacrificial lamb that enabled us to become children of God, and act on what is spoken to us daily from that Word as we work out our salvation.

I was looking out of the window of my workroom yesterday, down onto refuse bins in the street.  On top of the large bins are house numbers.  There were two on opposite sides of the road, a number 6 and a number 7.   Number 6 in the Bible symbolizes  'man', and human weakness, while number 7 represents 'completeness'.  The large number 7 on the one bin was made up of rainbow colours, and I immediately saw a message here. 
 
It is no good relying on sinful man to get rid of the spiritual rubbish inside us, we need to rely upon the promises of God (symbolized by the colour of the rainbow on the bin), which are all 'yes' in Jesus  (2 Corinthians ch.1 v.20), to get rid of the rubbish inside us.

Paul the apostle said in 2 Corinthians ch. 1 vs.18-22.
'But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No.   For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me, Silvanus, and Timothy—was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes.   For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.   Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,   who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.'

There is a warning in Colossians ch.2 vs.8-12:-
'Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.  For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and you are complete in Him, Who is the head of all principality and power: In Whom also you are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ, buried with him in baptism, in which also you are risen with Him through the faith of the working of God, Who has raised Him from the dead.'

The two previous verses in this chapter -Colossians ch. 2 vs. 6 and 7 read:-
'As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.'

'Walking' in Jesus is a process that we have to work out gradually as we learn God's ways in Him through the Holy Spirit Who leads us into all truth (John ch. 16 v.13), and although we can  error as we travel on this journey (sometimes through the trickery of the enemy) God is merciful and understands we are flesh.  This was portrayed to me through an incident in my life recently.
I had been to a church about five miles away and was returning home.  As I am not used to the roads here yet I accidentally missed a turning and carried on down the road.  I came to a turning which I thought was the one which led back to our house and there was a sign saying 'Diverted traffic'.  I thought 'Oh, the road must be closed for some reason'.  I carried on down the country road following more signs saying 'Diverted traffic'  and finally came to a seaside town.  I asked a man how I could get back to where I lived and he gave me directions.
 
This incident reminded me of how we can all make mistakes on the road to salvation by missing what the Lord is saying to us sometimes.  There can be two types of diversion.  One can be that the Lord diverts us away from sin, but the other can be that the enemy diverts us from the Lord, and this is why we have to learn God's ways.  Our mind is being renewed in Christ and this is a process, not an immediate action.  However, we are all given gifts of the Spirit in the Lord and they are for a reason.



1 Corinthians ch. 12 vs. 4-11 tells us:-                       

'There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.   There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.   And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.   But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:   for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,   to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.   But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.'
 
When one of us makes a mistake, as we all do on our spiritual journey 'through the wilderness to the promised land', then just as I was physically directed back to the right road by the man  who knew the direction I needed to go on my journey home from the church, we can all  be directed spiritually back to the road to salvation by one another through each of us activating the gifts that God has given to  us.  The gifts must all be used to build one another up.

33 comments:

Sandi said...

Amen.

“This incident reminded me of how we can all make mistakes on the road to salvation by missing what the Lord is saying to us sometimes and being diverted to the wrong road by the enemy.”

This is a very graceful way of looking at things.

It reminds me of the song lyric, “If you get lost, you can always be found.”

This was encouraging, Brenda. Thank you!

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
thank you for your kind comment. I find that God speaks through many things in our lives which we may not always notice. Learning God's ways definitely takes time but the wonderful thing is that He loves us and wants all to be saved. So I would say that those lyrics of the song fit in - and who would not want to get back to such a loving Father. I thank God for our wonderful Saviour Who became the sacrificial lamb in order for us to be reconciled to Him.

Karen said...

Thank for your insightful post, Brenda. I see even in the church here, so many 'traditions of men' and influences of empty philosophy. May God help us as Christians to stay in His Word.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I absolutely agree with you. All things are possible with God. I know this because I have had and seen miraculous healing and other things, but only in two churches where the Holy Spirit operated as it did two thousand years ago in the scriptures.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Our God is good to give each of His children a spiritual gift(s) at the time of our salvation, to be used to His glory! praise God that He also directs us when we go astray from using our gifts according to the special mission He has for each of us.
God bless,
Laurie

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
That is an encouraging testimony about the process of sanctification which follows a believer's justification. You may have taken the wrong road, ending at a seaside town, but whilst you were on that road, God was still with you and made sure no harm came your way. Furthermore, God had already known beforehand that you will take the wrong road, but allowed it to happen as part of your sanctification process.
As the Scripture says:
"..because of one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14.
"Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:2.
It is Jesus who began our salvation in the first place, and it is he who will bring it to a conclusion.
An excellent post, God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
yes God has a wonderful way of teaching us His ways, and is very patient and kind when we error.
God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank,
absolutely right. We could not have a better Saviour and guide as we learn line upon line God's ways. What a beautiful Father we have Who loves us and allows His Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. We make many errors, but our Saviour and Lord Jesus has already won the battle for us. We just have to follow Him as we grow in the Spirit.
God bless you and Alex.
Hmm...I have tried altering the place where it shows up I am coming from, I think it is saying I come from a place in Scotland now :-)
Never mind, it does not really matter as our time is temporary on earth.

Sateigdra knowles said...

This was very encouraging Brenda. Thanks for sharing this with us. God bless and keep you. ☺☺☺

Ceil said...

Hi Brenda! I just love how you use things that you see or experience in life and apply it to the spiritual life. It's such a good lesson in how we can all see God in all things. Even in the rainbow-colored 7 on the garbage lid. (I did know that the number 7 was used a lot in Scripture, but not it's meaning, so thank you for pointing that out.)
Our walk with the Lord is a long one, learning along the way, making detours. But if we ask (as you did), we'll make it home every time. That's so encouraging.
Blessings,
Ceil

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
lovely to hear from you. I hope you are keeping well.
God bless you too.

Brenda said...

Hi Ceil,
I totally agree with you regarding our walk with the Lord being a long one. The lovely thing is that His thoughts are for our welfare, and He guides us and warns us in what to do and what not to do. I have always seen things spiritually in everyday situations since I have been a believer, it is almost as if this world is an 'illusion', not a reality.
I am not sure if on your blog a visitor has to put their email address. I have shut my email account down due to interference so I may not be able to leave comments if that is required. I hope not as I enjoy commenting on your blog.
God bless you.

Sateigdra knowles said...

I am keeping well. Thank you. ☺

Keith said...

Shabbat Shalom!! Good Post, as always, Brenda! Please keep encouraging others and passing on the Truth of God, in a hope that we all will become part of the Remnant of God, through Y'shua ha Mashiach, Jesus, the Messiah.

I usually check your site out daily, but this week has been long and tiring. I'm surprised you didn't mention you newest post, earlier in the week.

As I read your post and came upon your rendering of Philipians 2:12, I'm reminded of the Greek works, ergazomai, which means to personally work out for a solution and katergazomai, which means to fashion oneself or to live accordingly. Too many Christians are ergazomai, in the process of personally working for the salvation solution, instead of katergazomai, living out their salvation. Philipians 2:12 uses katergazomai.

Many Christians read Philipians 2:12 and speed right past Philipians 2:13, where it clearly shows that God is the one working in you.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

We are supposed to live our lives to reveal the salvation within us.

Again, Good Post!

Brenda said...

Aww... Keith,
I love your knowledge of the scriptures in the original language and their true meanings. It will probably take me several readings to fully understand your comment. (That is because you are more knowledgeable in this area than what I am). However, I am determined to grow as we all interact and go back to scripture for the truth. Quite often I go back and read people's blog posts and comments attached many times to fully understand what everyone is coming together with. If you notice I am now coming up as a blogger from Scotland - it is too complicated for me to deal with, so I am not worrying about it. It is still me who is blogging.

I was wondering whether to tell you I have done another post but I feel if I do that then I am pushing people into reading my posts, and I don't think I should do that. As I have said before, I can only put a post up when I feel inspired to do so, even though I quite often have times where I see a spiritual meaning in what is happening in my life. There is a time for everything, and a time to share a testimony.
Lovely to hear from you, thank you for your comment.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
As No Doubt pointed out, praise God that He continues to work on, in and through us after we are saved. May we yield to the Spirit so that His perfect will for us may be accomplished! Thanks again for the great post, and may God bless you and your ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

By the way Keith,
I love what you have said this:-

'Many Christians read Philipians 2:12 and speed right past Philipians 2:13, where it clearly shows that God is the one working in you.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him '

I totally agree with you.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie
that is right. The lovely thing, and very important thing, is in the 'desire', and the power, because that is what happens isn't it. The more we come to know God the more we desire to serve Him. Praise His lovely name.
God bless you and your ministry and may we all desire to serve our God in Y'shua's name.
(I love the original translation of Jesus' name).

Keith said...

Hi Brenda and Laurie, Isn't nice to be able to study God's Word together across thousands of miles? It's so nice to converse with people, of the Remnant of God and edify each other. Thanks, to both of you and everyone else, who shares God's Word, in God's Love. By the way, God's Word comes alive, when you get into the original languages. Not that the English translation don't speak to us, but I honestly believe that God uses the original tongue to touch our inner soul and makes us come alive, in a deeper relationship with his Word, our Messiach, Y'shua. (Jesus the Christ).

Brenda said...

Yes Keith,
the original language has a much deeper meaning to it. It is the same with the Welsh language. When it is translated into English it looses its full meaning.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda and Keith,
It is wonderful that in these End Times, God uses the Internet to allow like-minded Christians to study His Word together even though they are separated by great distances. Praise the Lord that He also uses the Internet as a way to spread the Gospel message to many who have not heard it before, or heard it but rejected Christ. May He continue to bless and inspire our ministries and give us the heart, desire and wisdom to serve Him, and may our ministries be fruitful.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I totally agree with you. It is beautiful that time and space mean nothing to God. His thoughts and ways are far above the plans of a carnal mind, but our paths are directed by Him as we seek to do His will, being led into all truth by the Holy Spirit. Amen to your last sentence Laurie, and God bless you and your ministry.

Chris said...

Hi Brenda, I like your post. What jumped out at me was your reference to numerology. There are a lot of people that discount these types of things. I like that the one garbage can having the number 7 on it. To me it says that the only way that God will even associate with us is to put a complete covering around us. That would be the blood of Christ. Just my thoughts. I promise that I will read more of your posts when I get time. Cheers!!!!

Brenda said...

Hi Chris,
lovely to meet another brother in Christ. The scriptures are so powerful and deep. I love the way that the names of all the characters in the original scriptural language have a meaning. God's ways are far higher than mans' ways, and I thank our wonderful Father that His Word became flesh and His Son Y'shua became the sacrificial lamb that we might have eternal life through Him.
There is a time for everything, feel free to read any post when you feel led.
God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Praise God that He directs our steps when we yield to His Spirit! Many blessings to you and yours as we approach thew Christmas season and beyond.
Love in Christ,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
Amen to what you have said. I love the fact that my times are in the Lord's hands, and His thoughts are for my welfare and not to harm me. We look to Him eh? God bless and love in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Hello,
please could you translate for me what you have written in your comment.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Praise God that He has great and mighty plans for us, which we can't even begin to imagine! May we hear and follow His still small voice as He reveals each step of those plans! God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Amen Laurie,
may we hear and follow His still small voice, even when the enemy tries to tell us not to through our carnal mind.
God bless you and your lovely ministry too.

The Teacher said...

Amazing how you can see God like that. Most people would just pass things up and not give it a second look.

Brenda said...

Hi Tim,
I have always seen God's Word to me reflected in every day happenings ever since I have been born again. I love the fact that the church, the body of Christ on earth, is one body but many parts, and in order for it to function properly all parts have to be operating and using the gifts of the Spirit.

The Teacher said...

That was spam. It's about stain removers. It's ok to delete.

Brenda said...

Hi Tim,
I think you are talking about the Saudi comment eh? It reminds me of Jesus as the sacrificial lamb removing the stain of sin from us.