Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Our Spiritual journey

I love the way that the Word spoken to us is a living Word, and just as we do not say 'yes' and 'no' at the same time - neither does God through that Word as the Holy Spirit teaches us, it depends where we are in our spiritual growth.  It is an on-going journey and I love the way I am being changed through the teaching of the Holy Spirit, even though I go through many trials.

1 Corinthian ch. 2 vs. 11 and 12 read:-
'For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him?  So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit Who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.' 

The following is something which I felt to write many years ago.  They were words that just dropped into my head as if it was a voice speaking to me after I became born again of God's Spirit.  Whether it will speak to anyone else I do not know, but I feel to share it on this post, although I may have already shared it on my blog some time previously.

Renewal

Do not be tainted by a love that is not God's. Don't let innocence be spoiled by a wisdom that is earthly. Always remain as a child in your own wisdom so that the greatness of God's words can be allowed to enter into the ears of your heart, so that you may grow up into Him and remember no more the foolishness of this present world.  For there is a part of you which can not understand His Words and it would seek to rob you of His truth. It is the mind of your first father, Adam, a fleshly mind. The Lord speaks and your heart receives, but your mind tries to intervene and to reason with logic.  Oppose that which is at enmity with God and receive into your heart only that which is pleasing to Him, His Words, which are Spirit and life.


MIRROR IMMAGE

Lord may we learn from creation
may we look to the vast blue sea
to the mountains, the fields and the valleys
to know how we ought to be

May we look to the gentle dolphin
as he tries to befriend mankind
and follow this creature's example
leaving killing and hatred behind

May we look to the towering mountains
holding fast against tempest and rain
as we struggle with sorrow and tragedy
finding strength amidst suffering and pain

As we look to the fields and the harvest
all golden and bursting with grain
may we learn how to share with each other
may our giving replace all our gain

Then, as in the river's reflection
of the blue of the Heavens above
so too we will mirror the image
of God's totally unselfish love


These are another two poems that I have written at two separate times during my on going walk with the Lord.
The first is one that I wrote at a very early stage when I was being fed the 'milk' of the Word, it is called  'Messiah':-

MESSIAH

I watch in anguish every day
as killing, torture, hatred reign
in horror turn my eyes away,
hoping somehow to reduce the pain
I cry, despair and sorrow gripping me
Then Jesus comes, saying 'Child - I see'
and the burden is removed from me

I stumble blindly down life's road
through shifting sand and mists of sin
bent low by fortune's heavy load
deep loneliness and fear within
I scream, held tightly by frustration's hand
Then Jesus comes, saying 'Child - I understand'
and shows to me a promised land

I reach towards this man of love
this gentle lifter of my head
empowered by Spirit from above
to wake from sleep the living dead
I breathe, as new life stirs within my soul
Then Jesus comes, saying 'Child - I make you whole'
and give you back what Satan stole'

I listen - now familiar sound
a still small voice dispels the gloom
my step a dance upon the ground
as I arise from earthen tomb
I praise -  my song 'Emmanuel' 
the Christ has come saying 'All is well
for I have conquered death and Hell'

The second poem I would like to share in this post is one that I wrote regarding Jesus' sacrifice. I called it 'Forever grateful Father'

FOREVER GRATEFUL FATHER

Forever grateful Father that You gave Your precious Son
Who, knowing His awesome destiny said
'Not my will, but Your will be done'
Yet it pleased You to bruise Him Father
so that I might have peace and be healed
for through this one act of sacrifice
was Your gift of salvation revealed

Forever remembering Jesus
that You hung upon that tree
taking the pain and punishment
that was meant for a sinner like me
Yet You chose not to open Your mouth Lord
and call on the Heavenly host
to come to Your aid on that lonely day
No.... You suffered and gave up the ghost

Forever Yours Holy Spirit
while You teach me and make all things clear
chastising me when I go astray
and wiping away each tear
Oh Father I love and respect You
and Jesus I want to obey
So guide me great Spirit and keep me
'Til my Lord returns for me one day

Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift   
2 Corinthians  ch. 8 v.15



37 comments:

Sandi said...

It is important to remember where we come from, these moments on our walk.

Thank you for sharing this, Brenda.

"Then Jesus comes, saying 'Child - I see'
and the burden is removed from me"

Amen!

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
that's right, the burden is definitely removed from us as our times are in His hands.
'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.… '

Jephyr! said...

Hi Brenda,

What a lovely poetry and post. 1 Corinthians 2:11-12 is so revealing both about our own nature and how wonderful it is to have God's Perfect Spirit giving us understanding.

Your poem "Renewal" brings to my mind the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:18-23—and how we can quickly lose God's direction and wisdom unless we keep our heart and mind on His Word and instruction.

"Mirror Image" speaks so beautifully about God being revealed through His wonderful creation and echoes Paul's words through the inspiration of the Holy spirit in Romans 1:20:

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

I love your gentle refrain in Messiah—as Jesus speaks His compassion, Healing and love into our lives no matter the turmoil and hurt we find ourselves in—and giving us the strength and joy to serve Him.

And lastly—your thanksgiving and praise in "Forever Grateful Father" rings in my heart as well the longer I walk with our Lord Jesus.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful gift for words dear sister in Christ.

God Bless and Heal you in Jesus Precious Name!

Brenda said...

Jephyr,
all gifts that we have are given by our wonderful Father, and your quoting Romans ch.1 v.20 is perfect for what I was trying to reflect in Mirror Image. I love the way we as brothers and sisters in the Lord can interact with, and encourage, one another. I thank you for your prayers and encouragement and I know that we as children of God are also for signs and portents in the Israel of God - the true church.
I believe that my 'dry bones' have been a sign that the Holy Spirit has to be what leads us into all truth, and the more we act according to the instruction given regarding all parts working together, the greater the church will grow in the truth of that Word.
I am noticing that my bones and joints are starting to feel a lot better, thank you for your prayers and we shall keep praying for the church and all share what has been given us to share.
God bless you my brother in Christ.

Laurie Collett said...

Beautiful, Brenda, as always!

The phrase about the Messiah gently lifting your head reminds me of a move we have the dance we are now performing, called "Transformed." It tells of turning from hell to Heaven. Early in the dance, I am kneeling and huddled on the floor in despair, when my husband gently lifts my face toward the direction we have established at Heaven. I long for it, then recoil, turning again to hell, until later when the transformation is finally complete and I embrace Heaven.

God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
how lovely that your dance is reflecting our looking, as the bride of Christ, to our husband, Jesus (Y'shua) in order to learn God's ways and be transformed into His image. As John ch. 1 vs.12 and 13 state:-

'But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.…'

God bless you Laurie as you continue to do what God has called you to do.

RCUBEs said...

"Forever grateful Father that You gave Your precious Son..."

What are we gonna do without that unfathomable gift? Glory be to God forever! The cross that He turns into a blessing... The poems remind me to focus on Jesus, not on the things of this world and that as we are still here, that may we all live in Spirit and Truth. Thank you for sharing. Praying you are remaining strong in the Lord's mighty power! God bless and strengthen you sister Brenda.

Brenda said...

Hi Rosel,
Hallelujah ! Glory be to God forever. To be able to be reconciled to the Father through the sacrifice of His Son, by becoming a child of God through the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the greatest gift a person could have. When I came up out of the baptismal water speaking in a language I had never learned (speaking mysteries to God, which no man understands) I began a new life. I pray that God will bless and strengthen all my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and myself, and cause us to grow in His Spirit as we act upon the Word spoken to each of us daily.

Jephyr! said...

Hi Brenda, You are so welcome! Praise God you are feeling better. You have my continued prayers (as I pray for the refreshing of His people as well) until you are made well! God Bless and Heal you sister!

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Praise the Lord that He allows us to be born of Him, and transformed into His image! Thank you for your lovely reply and encouragement.
God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
yes, without being in the body of Christ on earth we could not be reconciled to God the Father. Jesus is the One mediator between God and man. It is good to interact with brothers and sisters around the world on our blogs.
God bless Laurie.

Keith said...

Hey Brenda, one part of your post struck me, as I read it, the passage in 2 Cor 2:12.

"We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit Who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

To fully comprehend our spiritual journey and existence, we must receive the Spirit of God. We need to quit thinking like the world and think like God. It's one thing to understand the world, in which we live, but an entirely different and more satisfying understanding to perceive how God is interwoven within our existence and moves things along towards his goal and enlists us to help.

Brenda said...

Hi Keith,
that is absolutely true, and the lovely thing is that we have scripture as our daily manna to lead and guide us as to what
the Word of God is teaching us. When we are born again of God's Spirit then we become children of God just as Y'shua was.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor,
and may God bless you too with all He has for us in Jesus.

Debbie Harris said...

Praise God!
Your posting gives one much to ponder on.
We have so very much because of the love Christ has for us, may we honor His Holy and Righteous Name with our lives as we faithfully serve Him.

I want to thank you for your many visits and lovely comments on my blog, Thank You!
You are always a bright ray of sunshine. :}

God bless you ~ Debbie

Brenda said...

Hi Debbie,
thank you for your very kind comment. I am not able to view blogs as often as I used to, I find time is like a puff of smoke these days. However, when I visit yours it always seems to be perfect timing. I agree with you regarding our faithfulness to our beautiful Saviour, and I believe absolutely that our purpose on earth is to be 'a ray of SONshine,' for the true light that has come into the world, endeavouring to share what He has given us to share.
God bless you Debbie.

Keith said...

Happy Passover. Our Messiah died for our sins. Hallelujah!!!

Brenda said...

Hi Keith,
happy Passover to you too, may all of mankind be reconciled to our Father YHWH through believing in the Sacrificial Lamb Y'shua!

Karen said...

Brenda, Thank you for your comments on my posts. God bless you as you celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
you are very welcome, God bless you and yours too as you celebrate our Lord's resurrection.

Laurie Collett said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Brenda said...

And a happy Passover to you and your family Laurie. He is risen.

David C Brown said...

Amen; fine to see how God works in a soul by the Holy Spirit.

I would appreciate your comment on my latest post!

Brenda said...

Hi David,
I have tried to send you a message twice on my phone but they both failed. Yes, it is amazing how God works in a soul by the Holy Spirit, and who would not want to learn the ways of God and have eternal life in Jesus.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
As you so beautifully write, may we "mirror the image of God's totally unselfish love." This line especially spoke to me today. May God bless you richly,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
that is the one thing which I want to achieve in my walk with the Lord, to mirror the image of the love of God that is found in Jesus. I think the main thing in achieving this is not to keep a record of wrongs, but to pray for the ones who may have done those wrongs.
May God bless you richly too Laurie.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda! Unforgiveness will hurt us far more than it will hurt those who have wronged us. God is the perfect Judge, and He will right all wrongs.
God bless,
Laurie

Brenda said...

That is right Laurie, the warfare is spiritual and not with flesh and blood. God wants all to be saved, and as we learn His ways through the Word enlightened to us by the Holy Spirit, we come to recognize the spiritual enemy.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you.

Brenda said...

You too Victor.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Brenda! I wasn't sure where to respond to reading your near death experience. I sometimes miss comments posted to an earlier post, so I thought I'd respond one your most recent. Your experience was beautiful, and it made me feel such peace. I mentioned that I had an out of body experience. I refer to it as that, rather than a near death experience, because I was healthy and whole and didn't have a medical issue. What I didn't mention was that my mother told me, when I was a little girl, about a near death experience that she had. She was very ill with a thyroid disease (Graves Disease) and was in a coma. She went through a tunnel into a place filled with light and peace. After she rested for a while, surrounded by warmth and light, she wanted to move farther into this peaceful, loving space. But a figure came toward her, and she realized it was Jesus. He told her that it wasn't her time and that she had to go back. My mother didn't want to return, but Jesus said that she needed to because her children needed her. So reluctant to leave His presence, she knew she had to return to us and did. So I have no doubt about what you experienced, and I'm glad that you did. When you've experienced something like this, your world is forever changed.

Brenda said...

Hi Louise,
It doesn't matter where someone leaves a comment on my blog, I just go into 'design' and check the 'stats'.
I have just gone back over to your blog to re-read your out of body experience, it was not your time to go. Neither was it your mother's, and I can fully agree with her experience being one hundred per cent real, there is a reason and a season for everything. After I was born again in Adelaide Australia seven years after my beautiful experience I received the gift of 'tongues' as I came up out of the baptismal water and poems and songs just kept coming into my head. To cut a long story short, I later put the poems into leaflets with scriptures, bought a guitar off my son who needed some cash, and was able to play just the right cords for the songs. I then went into the streets for about thirty years with my friend in Wales who had been given the same gift, singing the songs and handing out the leaflets. We met many people in the streets who would not go into a 'church' building but who wanted to know about God and Jesus. All we did was shared our experiences and gave them the leaflets. We loved that time, and the people we met. I could identify with many of their experiences in life, and where I had empathy in many sad and 'bad' areas I also had sympathy.
It is lovely to meet you Louise, I shall keep in touch through your blog, and you are right. My world has forever changed.

Laurie Collett said...

So true, Brenda, these days it seems like spiritual warfare is raging all around us, and the devil is seeking whom he may devour. May we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, Who will give us perfect peace.

Brenda said...

Amen Laurie,
as I read your comment it came into my mind:-
'And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.'
In Jesus we have peace.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda! To live is Christ, and to die is gain. We can be seated in heavenly places with Him now, and we will then live forever in Heaven with Him. God bless you and your lovely ministry.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
it is very important to stay in Christ, even though we may go through many trials - which can actually strengthen us. We must not let the lies of the enemy cause us to question the Word of God spoken to us, as we are told in the scriptures that in the end times many shall fall away, and there will be false prophets arise.
God bless you Laurie.