Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Go into the highways and the byways

When I first felt that the Lord was telling my friend and myself to go into the streets to evangelize, poems started forming in my mind that I felt could be put together in leaflets to hand out to people, some of which spoke of my own life.  Since doing this we have always had a good reception, we simply ask the people if they would like some Christian poetry.  Some take it, some refuse, and we have had some very interesting conversations with variouos people.  One such leaflet was created when a picture of a person in a rowing boat lifting another person out of the water into the boat came into my mind and the words
 ' Sometimes it is as if I am swimming in deep water, exhausted, whilst my Father is rowing a boat alongside me saying, ' Get into the boat child, let me take you to your destination'.  I placed them on the front of the leaflet with a poem and the scripture  'Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.'  I then put the poem, 'The sinner's prayer' inside

The Sinner's Prayer
You didn't come for the righteous - for the sheep as white as snow
The ones that are whole and healthy, who know which way to go
No Lord You came for the sinner - the sheep that went astray
You came to guide him back to God along the narrow way

Lord here stands a sinner, a lonely child of the night
I walk the paths of darkness where there is no guiding light
My feet are bruised and bleeding as I stumble down life's track
The brambles cut across my flesh, there's no coat upon my back
My hands are torn and calloused as they push aside each thorn
My clothes give no protection - they are tattered and worn
I'm lost in my inheritance of pain and misery
Lord I call upon Your name - Jesus .... Save me!

The Lord's Answer
' I hear you child ' says Jesus - 'Your cry in in my ears
My heart is burning with your pain, my face wet with your tears
These feet have felt your bruises - my hands were torn for you
Those thorns were laid upon my head, my stripes were for you too
Yes child I hear you calling from your dark and miry grave
'Twas this very reason that God sent me to save
So lift your eyes my lost one, don't look at earthly things
Look to the Son of Righteousness - there's healing in my wings
Don't bear your heavy burdens and remain among the dead
I came two thousand years ago and bore them in your stead
Just look towards your Saviour, I'll be your guiding light
Cast your cares upon your Lord - Your God for you will fight
And I'll give you a garment, a new coat for your back
You'll wear my robe of righteousness to save you from attack

' For I am come not to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance. '  Matthew ch.9 v.13

No comments: