Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Thursday 27 September 2018

Seek the Lord while He may be found

I have been going through many trials concerning 'healing' lately, which came originally out of my asking the Lord to teach me about sickness and healing.  I know absolutely that He has instructed me not to go to the world for help, but to trust in Him, and I can truly say that this has not always been that easy, but there have been times when His Word to me regarding being healed has proved true when I have waited upon Him alone.
His Word is very powerful and is able to bring into existence that which does not exist when we act upon what is spoken to us by the Holy Spirit.

Recently I have found that the enemy has been really trying to convince me through the carnal mind to question that Word spoken to me. One of those times was yesterday when fears started to come into my mind regarding what the future held.  My mind started to think in a worldly way.  Then I turned to one of my writing pads where there were lots of  poems and songs I had written years ago. it was left open on my worktop as I had been searching for a poem that I could not open on my computer due to out of date software.

I found that the page I had left it opened on contained this song, which I have to say was actually speaking to me concerning my trials, it is called 'Lukewarm'.

Lukewarm
Some people say 'Don't speak about your King 
don't speak about this Jesus to me
don't tell me I must follow Him down the road to Calvary'
They say 'We'll just be called by His holy name

but leave us to eat our own bread
and we'll wear our own apparel' then they labour to make their own bed
but the covering on it is narrow and the bed itself is too short
both getting smaller and smaller as they're judged by each ungodly thought
They're building mighty castles Lord they don't have Your foundation
building castles for themselves strongholds big and wide
With hewn out stones and polished beams they've built their own creation
and now they put their images inside
Everyone right in their own eyes abiding in vanity
spinning ever faster Lord towards total insanity
Not hearing the voice of the Master but listening to a lie
outside they appear to be living yet inside they slowly die
They're seeking to worldly 'physicians' to bring about their release
looking to man for deliverance yet never finding peace
Not willing to take Your chastening 'Too grievous for me' they say
forgetting that at the end of each night is always the light of day
And all the time Lord You are trying to take away their shame
visiting each one in turn calling out each name
saying 'Return unto me child seek the face of your Lord above
For it is he who keeps my commandments that shall abide in my love.'



I have to say that reading this poem was a great encouragement to me to trust in the Lord more than the world for my healings. 
I turned to the next page of my writing pad to find a poem that I had written concerning my mother and father.

In memory of mam and dad
in memory of mam and dad - the ones who brought me up
my dad... the lover of God's Word
my mam.. the china cup
'Though dad was ill for many years
...... he died when I was eleven
he taught me all the basic truths
to lead me to God's Heaven
Mam struggled hard for many years
good times were had - and bad
The lip prints on the photograph
showed how she missed my dad
Yet the God my father loved so much
was the One Who saw mam through
and the things she loved, like the china cup
and roast pork - He gave her too
Yes, mam and dad I drink to you
for the way you brought me up
I drink to you dad from God's bless-ed book
to you mam from a china cup

 
This poem was also an encouragement, reminding me of what my father used to say when I argued with my siblings and asked my father who was right.  He would always say 'Let's see what the Lord says', and search the scriptures for an answer.  I too must do this.

Last, but not least, is another poem on the next page reminding me of the purpose in my trials, and the reason I must seek the Lord for guidance.

Made in God's Image
I'm being made in God's image
I'm being created anew
I'm being made like the Father
by following You
I'm being fashioned and moulded
against my own will
being bruised by my suffering
yet in God's hands still
Now I'm starting to see what I'll finally gain
and it's worth all the suffering, it's worth all the pain
For the cause of a lot of the pain for me
are the chains being cut so that I can be free


I have just continued looking through this writing pad, wondering if the poem I was looking for is in it and - guess what!  It is there!

addition today 28th September:

I have just come into my workroom and found my notelets for this post, and there is something I missed while typing it out  yesterday:-

 Just before I put up this post, yesterday, I went down the stairs and found a spider squashed on the floor.  I would not do this deliberately as I have never been able to kill a creature.  I would have put it in a glass and put it outside, it must have been accidently stepped on.  In the Bible a spider is referred to as building it's own house, and the spider being killed reflected to me the necessity of not building my own house Spiritually, and allowing the Master Builder to do this, as stated in the beginning of Psalm 127:-
'Unless the  Lord build the house, they that labour, labour in vain.'

19 comments:

Sandi said...

I wonder what all of this learning about healing will look like when you're done. Maybe you will write a book?

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
I feel mainly to share these things on my blog. As I have experienced both healings and a miracle in my life I know that it is 'fear' and allowing Satan to cause me to question God's Word that hinders or prevents all the promises of God coming to pass. We are told that 'all' the promises of God are 'Yes' in Jesus, and Psalm 103 tells us that God heals us from all our diseases. I am learning more and more to take every thought captive and bring it into obedience to that Word.

Sandi said...

Interesting addition!

Brenda said...

Definitely a sign to accompany His Word to me.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Brenda,
Wonderful poems, and amazing confirmation through the spider! Truly we are living in the End Times, the church of Laodicea, where "Christians" think they are rich and powerful in their own might and fail to realize that we can do nothing without Him. Praise God for the faithful remnant like you who speak the truth and leave all in God's hands.
Love in Christ,
Laurie

Brenda said...

I believe absolutely Laurie that the Lord accompanies His Word with signs, I have had it happen so many times. I believe that we are in the end times, and although it may be hard sometimes to endure the trials, I find the more I act on the Word spoken to my by the Holy Spirit, the more real the voice of the Lord becomes. I have to say 'I could do nothing without Him,' and it is only because I have experienced a miracle and several healings that I know that He is not a man that He should lie. My darling little cat has stopped coughing, all glory to God and the prayer of faith, after more than two years of suffering. The vets we took her too did their very best, but were not able to heal her, and we stopped taking her to them a long time ago.
God bless you Laurie, I know you love the Lord too.

Jephyr! said...

Hi Brenda, When I read your beautiful poetry it is a confirmation about everything I'm learning about our Faith. I also believe that God does truly answer prayers — I've experienced it many times. The most difficult part sometimes is waiting. Isn't it wonderful that God even cares for our pets! I've prayed for mine too. I've found as you have that while we share our Faith through our blogs hoping to encourage others — sometimes we "speak" to ourselves. I'd not thought about a confirmation sign like you experienced with the spider. It makes me wonder how many of those I've missed. Thanks so much for sharing your poetry and thoughts (also for commenting over my way : ) God Bless you and all your loved ones!! I pray that God will bring you through the trials you are experiencing — and pour His wonderful Peace and Comfort into your heart, soul, and body!

Brenda said...

Jephyr, your comment was so encouraging. The 'beauty' in the poetry is the Lord's comfort. I don't know if I told you but all the poetry and songs just dropped into my mind after I came up out of the water of baptism, speaking in a language I had never learned. I knew that the Lord was speaking to me through many of them. Two of the first scriptures He gave me were:-
'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path' and :-

'Take every thought captive and bring it into obedience to Christ.'

God bless you and yours Jephyr.

Jephyr! said...

Hi Brenda, No you hadn't told me that yet. Aren't God's gifts good — and it's awesome He speaks to us through them! When I was just 12 I was praying with my mom and two sisters — saying just "kid stuff" like God Bless Dad and Mom, my sisters, our pets and so on. Although I wasn't feeling emotional I began to cry and and my lips started quivering and I was making a babbling sound. My older sister had just returned from a "Spirit-Filled" camp where she was given the gift of tongues. She leaned over and quietly said, "Let it go." And the next thing I knew I was up on my feet pouring out a Spiritual language and praising God — laughing and crying at the same time. :)
I've been so thankful through the years that God was good to me then and has kept me though all my stumbling. I love that first scripture and when life is confusing and I say to myself I don't understand — that still small voice says: "Lean not on your own understanding." Thank you for sharing with me. Though we are an ocean and continent apart it's good to have fellowship with you.

Brenda said...

Yes, Jephyr, time and space mean nothing to God. What a lovely story of your younger days, speaking in tongues is the most beautiful connection with our Father. What I find about speaking in 'tongues' it says in 1 Corinthian ch. 14 v. 2 that we are speaking mysteries to God which no man understands. What I find is when I am either overstressed or overjoyed and can not put how I feel into words, I am able to convey these feelings to God in the Spirit. Then, many times He speaks back to me through that Rhema Word.

Sandi said...

Brenda, I am having trouble commenting on my own blog and also other people's posts. I hope this works here! Just want to say thank you for your comments. :)

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
yes, the comment has come through. No need to say thanks for the comments Sandi, I have had more time to look at blogs lately and I like very much interacting with people. :-)

S. Knowles said...

Hey Brenda, very encouraging post and very lovely poems. That scripture you shared saying "unless the Lord builds a house they labour in vain who build", is a scripture I thought about recently after I wrote my post about contentment. I thought about how often we invest so much time and energy building things that will eventually perish but only what is done for Christ will remain.
May God continue to bless you and keep you. It is wonderful to know that you're trusting entirely in God for your healing. Very encouraging. "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14. May we all remember to be of good courage and wait on our faithful Lord.

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
you are a lovely sister in the Lord, so encouraging the scripture you have shared. The Lord gave me a dream in the early hours of this morning, it was so strange as it was an answer to a question I had been pondering on all night. It was the finishing touch of a post I have been preparing to put up next.
God bless you Sateigdra, and Yes, may we all remember to be of good courage and wait on our faithful Lord.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Every day I find myself thinking, "Without You, I can do nothing," and then thanking God that through Him, all things are possible. Praise the Lord that He speaks to us in so many ways -- His Word, confirmations in nature and in daily happenings, preaching, and uplifting posts from Christian bloggers like you. May God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I too know absolutely that without the Lord I could do nothing, and I know that I would never even thought of putting a blog up without His leading and instruction through a poem He gave me. I love interacting with believers everywhere, and the blog has enabled me to do this. I feel as if you are very much my sister in the Lord, and thank you for your encouragement both in your blog and in your comments to me. May God bless you and your lovely ministry too Laurie - all glory to our Father God and His Son Jesus.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Brenda,

Wow! We are on the same page..different books...but the same publisher...The same Holy Spirit of God who created us before the beginning of TIME. The same ONE who works all things together for our good...for His Glory and our perfection in Him.

I loved your sharing. Thank you for your vulnerability and your willingness to put into words...even through poetry so we can hear His voice in our own lives..through your stories. We relate. when you speak of His witness in your life. This encourages us...as you were encouraged. I have to say, that before I returned from my 4 year sabbatical, the Lord used my own words to encourage me as well. In fact, I had allowed the enemy to convince me that my voice didn't matter. I was just one voice in a vast sea of more eloquent more mature voices. But in reading through some of the words he wrote through me in those first years, I was able to hear them from an objective point of view. I could see the Lord speaking through me...and I was encouraged. If we can be encouraged by His own words to us through our pencil...then others too SHALL be encouraged as well. This is why I have picked up my pencil for this season...for such a TIME as this...Such a 'fracturing'...as you put it in your newer post comment to me....that is taking place in the CHURCH of Christ world wide.

I cried with your poem of Mom and Dad. Very well said!They are in the great cloud of witnesses...cheering you on! Just yesterday, I had a similar experience in my prayer time..remembering my own parents..and thanking God for His plan that they should be my Godly parents.

LOVED this last phrase...


"Now I'm starting to see what I'll finally gain
and it's worth all the suffering, it's worth all the pain
For the cause of a lot of the pain for me
are the chains being cut so that I can be free"

FREE indeed. The chains are gone...I've been set FREE. My granddaughter sang that song for Daddy's funeral in 2015. The song by Chris Tomlin " Amazing Grace - my chains are gone", you can hear it here... at least in America :) https://youtu.be/Jbe7OruLk8I

blessings to you Brenda
keep looking up!
patrina

Patrinas Pencil said...

to Jephyr...

I just wanted to say that I was so moved by your sharing of your experience as a young boy with speaking in an unknown language by the power of the Holy spirit. I actually cried. What a confirming gift the Lord gave to you that day...He tabernacled within you...and you were never ever the same! Awesome testimony! Thank you for your vulnerable sharing. I loved just the way that you described it. such a powerful word pic.

keep looking up
patrina

Brenda said...

Thank you Patrina,
I will keep looking up.
God bless you.