Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Monday 23 May 2022

I'm changing Lord, I'm changing

 I feel led to share a poem that I wrote not long after I came to the Lord:-

I'm Changing

I'm changing Lord - I'm changing
I'm starting to feel free
I've never known the peace Lord                       
that's now surrounding me 
I'd often wondered why this God
Who said He'd set me free
allowed me to go through my life
in pain and misery
But what I could not hear Lord                   
and what I could not see
was this man Jesus standing near                                                       and His Father calling me
I did not know this Jesus
I did not understand
that all I had to do
was reach out and take His hand
I'd always listened to the world
who said 'You must do right
but if you want to sin a while
God doesn't see at night'
I found this God, this Father
not through the good I'd done
but when I turned from His old foe
and looked towards His Son

'And this is His name whereby He shall be called, the Lord our Righteousness'. 
Jeremiah ch. 23 v.6

Jesus is our righteousness.  The new covenant that God has made with us is by faith in Jesus Christ, the old has been taken away.  Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.  It is  often said in the world that if you do right you will go to Heaven.  The problem is that every man is 'right' in his own eyes, so nobody really knows what is 'right'.  There is only one 'truth', one way back to God.  Jesus is full of grace and truth.  Jesus said 'If you continue in my Word then you are my disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.'  He also said 'I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me. ' 

When I first received the Holy Spirit I was so overjoyed I just wanted to shout out to everybody that 'Jesus is Lord'.  However, I found that when I tried to witness it didn't always come out the way I wanted it to and there didn't seem to be power in it.  Since then the Lord has revealed to me that He has to teach us first before we ae sent out to preach the Gospel.  He says 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding.'  He says that 'if we acknowledge Him in all our ways He shall direct our paths.'  He says 'we must live by every word that comes out of the mouth of God', but He also says that 'we learn line upon line, precept upon precept.'  So we go through a learning process, just the same as a father - child relationship on earth. 

We have to be reproved by the Lord's Word for as it says in proverbs 20 v. 15 'the rod and reproof give wisdom , but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.' 

Sometimes we try to sort problems out ourselves, anger etc., because we get a bit afraid when people oppress us, but we must not fear man as, again in proverbs 29 v.25 we are told 'the fear of man brings a snare, but whoever puts his trust in the Lord shall be safe.'  I want to become what the Lord wants me to be and I want to learn my Father's ways.  It is no good going on with the Lord if I am not listening to, and acting upon, what He says as I am growing older, for 'better is a poor and wise child than an old and foolish king who will no more be admonished.'

I am honoured that because of what Jesus alone has done I can be reconciled back to God. 


19 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We owe so much to Jesus, and to Mary for agreeing to be His mother. Thank you Lord.

God bless, Brenda.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda -- Jesus is our righteousness! Thanks as always for the beautiful, truth-filled post! God bless,
Laurie

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful poem.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor, yes we owe eternal life to our Lord Jesus, and it must have been a precious thing for Mary to give birth to the Son of God. God bless.

Brenda said...

High Laurie, yes, without Jesus we would have no righteousness and could not look forward to eternal life. God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Great Granny, thank you for your kind comment. All glory to our lovely Lord and Saviour Jesus. God bless.

Sandi said...

"...He has to teach us first before we ae sent out to preach the Gospel."

Very true. 💙


"...'better is a poor and wise child than an old and foolish king who will no more be admonished.'..."

Wise.

It's true. We are rescued. And led. In the kind Father's hands, we walk here or there and speak this or that. He will never leave us.

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, that is right, and when we have empathy we have sympathy. When we have been through the same things as the people we meet then we understand them and have sympathy with them. God bless.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
"Christ is my Righteousness" - indeed, that's why I'm a passionate believer in the Eternal Security of the Believer, or once saved always saved. Imputed righteousness. That means that the Father sees you and me in the same way he sees his only begotten Son. It's wonderful news! It's because while he was here on earth, Jesus Christ had never sinned, not even once, hence our salvation is secure.
Such a doctrine has been like a strong tower whenever the chips are down, especially during my beloved wife's illness and the distress this brings.
Blessings to you.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
I agree with Frank on eternal security. Not through anything we have done, but through His righteousness. God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Frank,
Christ is definitely our righteousness, and I can not imagine what He went through to achieve that. Life is like a puff of smoke while we are on this earth, and can often be very hard to go through - especially with illnesses, as your beloved wife knows. The greatest comfort I can give you is that what I experienced in my near death experience is beyond anything we could ever hope for, and it is waiting for us when we leave this world. God bless you and Alex with all He has for us in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, yes the Lord has gained for us eternal life, and who could not love Him and want to serve Him in this world. God bless you and yours until we meet in the most beautiful place awaiting for us.

Sandi said...

Brenda, I have seen you comment on this blog: https://geoffmaritz.blogspot.com/2022/06/geoff-survives-another-medical-emergency.html?sc=1654528480606#c5089723531393742935

I wanted to make sure you saw the post. Prayers needed!

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, thank you. JI have not had time to comment on blogs over the past few days due to things going on here. I did notice that Geoff had put up a new post but have not read it, will look at it when I am upstairs in my workroom this evening and respond.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
I believe it will be truly amazing to meet you and other brothers and sisters in Christ face-to-face, whom we have only known through the Internet. God has used this amazing tool to strengthen and comfort us as His return draws near.
God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
I could never have set up this blog and interacted with other believers without God's guidance Laurie, and I can't wait for our Lord's return. God bless you.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Amen and Amen. Only by His guidance can we do anything, and come quickly, Lord Jesus! God bless you too.
Laurie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless always.

Brenda said...

You too Victor.