Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Is tradition cancelling out truth

This is a repost:-

 A few nights ago I had a very vivid dream.  I was stood outside the door of an office in a church.  Inside the office was  a man who had been allotted as the pastor of the church.  I had some money in my hand that I knew I had to give him, but he would not open the door to receive it.  It was as if in the dream I could see through the door and the man was sat at his desk, knowing that I was there with the money, but had no intention of getting up to come and collect it.

When I awoke the dream spoke spiritually to me almost immediately.  The spiritual meaning of money, as in silver and gold, is 'wisdom and knowledge (or understanding)', and if we have been given any spiritual wisdom or knowledge to share for the good of the church then it must be shared.  In my dream my gift of 'wisdom and knowledge' was not being allowed to be shared, as the person in charge was not accepting it.   This is not scriptural.
1 Corinthians ch. 12 vs. 7-11 states:-
'Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,  to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.'
 
This was the second vivid dream that I have had over the last few weeks speaking of gifts given by God .  The first one was as follows:-
I was stood in front of a man, holding in my hand a sheet of paper on which was written a song that I felt God had brought me to write some time back.  I suddenly put the sheet of paper down the front of the man's tee shirt up against his chest.  After a while I reached into his tee shirt to take it back, but it was not there. 
 I awoke knowing the meaning of that dream also.  I believe I was being shown that whatever God gives us to share is not ours to keep.  The song referred to not letting our hearts be hardened regarding learning the Father's ways, and that is why I believe it was put against the man's heart.
 
Both of these dreams have spoken to me about the necessity of, and reason for sharing, the gifts that have been given to each of us, as stated in the following two verses in the New Testament, and many more.
 
 
Ephesians ch. 4 v.12:-
 'to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up'

1 Peter ch.4 v.10:-

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others..."

Revelation ch. 22 vs. 18-19 states:-

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

If things are added to or taken away from scripture, then it adds to or takes away from the word of God.  Today there are many 'denominations' within the church, and within the doctrines of some of them words have been added and scripture has been taken away. 
If we jiggle some of the letters of the word 'denominations' around it can spell 'demonisation', and that is what is happening sometimes.  The devil is a liar and a thief, and can present himself as an 'angel of light' by bringing a lying spirit within the church through man made doctrines which add or take away from the truth.  A liar speaks something that is not true  and a thief takes something away,  and this is what the lying spirit is trying to do within the church.

I have this picture of my darling little cat in the garden.  I know and love my cat and recognize her no matter what might be partially hiding her.  So too do I know and love my Lord and recognize His Word of truth no matter what the spiritual enemy might be trying to add or take away from it through the doctrines of man.



Ephesians ch. 6 v. 12 says:-

'For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms,'


So this why we must always search the scriptures to see if what is spoken in church gatherings is true, and come together according to the instructions contained within 1 Corinthians ch. 12 vs. 7-11

17 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Praise the Lord that He speaks to us through dreams! I agree with your interpretation of both dreams. May we share the gifts He has given us, to His glory, and may they be received as He has intended. May God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
yes, we have all been given different gifts to share. God loves all and wants all to be saved, and there is only one way to be saved - through believing in God's precious Son Jesus. Once we come to that place then we are each given a gift of the Spirit. God has given you a lovely ministry, and 'blogs' are a wonderful way of reaching people. Time and distance means nothing on the Internet. God bless you Laurie.

Saleslady371 said...

It is vital to really know and understand the Word of God. Because you know God's Word so well, interpretation of those dreams came quickly and easily. He truly does talk to us. The more I understand who I am in Christ, the less doubt occurs and I hear God's voice clearly. Thank you for stopping by today. Your kindness and your words bring comfort tonight!

Brenda said...

It is so true, Mary, what you have said - it is vital to really know and understand the Word of God. The spiritual enemy (the LIAR) can access all of us through the carnal mind, but when we believe in our Saviour Jesus we are given access to the mind of Christ. That is why it is very important to take every thought in the carnal mind captive and bring it into obedience to what we are being spoken to through the mind of Christ. We are all learning every day the difference between our thoughts and His thoughts through the truth in the scriptures, and God wants all of us to come to the knowledge of the truth. God bless you Mary.

Sandi said...

Brenda,

I responded to your comment on my blog that I appreciate your wisdom, THEN I came over and read your post. Wow.

Thank you so much for this.

I had a difficult discussion with a relative. It was about the subject of my post, New Age things. I believe the Lord prompted the conversation. But...her response was venomous and it hurt me deeply. When she explained the reasons for her anger a peace came over me. The reasons did not seem so bad. I thought well, I did not intend to hurt her and her rage seems way out of proportion to her reasons. But still, I slept an hour all night amd my heart is ...healing now as the sun comes up. Would you pray for me, Brenda? How do you know if God has called you to speak? Months ago a woman wanted to teach a yoga class at our church. I spoke up then and the pastor made her remove yoga from the class, but kept her as a teacher. I told him he did not go far enough because it was a serious thing and he should have canceled the class. (I was the second "speaker"-- he told me he had seen a warning video about yoga just days before and then another lady spoke to him after me.) But I think I offended him. Should I have remained silent and prayed instead? I felt I must speak. Should I have spoken to my relative? I felt I had to. And my blog...? I think the Lord has given me the things there. Please pray for me. Thank you and God bless you. Sandi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Hi Sandi, yes I will pray for you. Our walk in the Lord is an ongoing learning process. Just as we are brought up as children in the flesh, so we are brought up as children of God in Christ Jesus. I have gone through many things in my walk in the Lord. I have my own 'workroom' in our home where my computer and other things are kept, and every morning I read my Bible there. The Lord speaks to me through His word according to what is going on in my life and it is how I am able to grow in Him. That scripture is a living Word and we all, as part of the body of Christ on earth, go through different situations and there is a time for everything - including a time to speak. I will pray for you, as I pray for myself, that you will know when you have to speak to someone and when not to. I had a similar situation as you some time ago when I was in a 'church building' in Wales. The pastor asked the Holy Spirit to come. I knew the Lord told me to share something and I started to share it. The pastor told me to sit down and stop saying what I was saying. I told him that the Holy Spirit had brought me to share it (I think it was a poem the Lord had given me). My friend was sat next to me and we both opened our Bibles to exactly the same page. On that page was the scripture about if you are not accepted in a place shake the dust off your feet. We both knew it was a time to leave that gathering. God doesn't live in a house made with hands, and in Jesus there is a time for everything. I will pray for you Sandi, time and distance are nothing in Jesus. God bless.

Sandi said...

Thank you, Brenda! God bless you.

Brenda said...

God bless you too Sandi as we journey on in Jesus.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for your lovely reply. It is amazing that God has given us the Internet in these last days so that we can instantly communicate with one another no matter where we are. Satan uses it for evil, but His children can use it to spread God's Word and encourage one another, as you do so well. God bless you and your blog ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, just turned my computer on in my workroom and saw your comment. Yes, the internet is a perfect gift from God regarding sharing both with the body of Christ on earth (the church) and with those who do not know Jesus. God's ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts, and it is lovely to interact with one another. Regarding the pastor in the church that I spoke of in my response to Sandi's comment, I wrote him a letter and put it through the church building letterbox to explain what I believed had been shown me and my friend on the day that I had left the gathering. None of us are perfect are we Laurie? We are constantly learning God's ways, and the Holy Spirit is our teacher. God bless you as you share what has been given you to share in your lovely blog.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
There are indeed so many church denominations, each emphasising a different facet found in the Bible, eg Baptist - emphasising adult baptism, or Pentecost - with its emphasis on the gifts of the Spirit. And so I can go on. Then there are downright heresies, such as the Watchtower Society, who deny the Trinity.
But unfortunately, the general trend of this nation which calls itself a Christian country, has instead, pushed away most, if not all Biblical truth for a lie. One of these lies is Darwinism, now universally believed, leaving the Creationist as a target for mockery.
Wishing good health to you and your family.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank, yes there are many church denominations teaching against what is in the Scriptures. I got baptized in my late twenties in a building in Adelaide.(the Adelaide Revival Centre) The pastor was a very nice man who had paid for the building to be built, and allowed the congregation to operate according to the scriptures. There were about two hundred people there. I came up out of the water speaking a language I had never learned.(referred to in 1 Corinthians ch. 14'For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.') It is for the individual person to speak mysteries to God - in a language which no man understands. We are told in Mark ch. 16 v.16 to believe and be baptized and this is exactly what I did. If you look at the beginning of 1 Corinthians chapter 14 it explains this.God bless you and Alex with all He has for us in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Just to add - You can not 'believe' and be baptized when you are a baby.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you, Brenda.

God bless always.

Brenda said...

You are welcome Victor, God bless you.