Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 20 June 2023

As I journey on in the Lord

Show me Your face Lord
show me Your face
a face full of mercy
compassion and grace
with lips that sing love songs
to a world filled with shame
You tell of salvation
through Your wonderful name

Show me Your face Lord
it's all that I seek
It's peace to the troubled
and strength to the weak
Your eyes see the pain Lord
that lies deep in a heart
Your ears hear the crying
of a soul torn apart

So show me Your face Lord
that I might have light
to guide my lame feet Lord
as I walk through the night
to brighten the path Lord
that I know I must take
the one that You took Lord
when You died for my sake

Now I see Your sweet face Lord
it's there in Your Word
and 'though for the moment
it's just a bit blurred
I know if I only
will trust and obey
I'll see You quite clearly
one beautiful day

'Jesus said 'Follow me and I will make you to become fishers of men' 
Matthew ch.4 v.19


JUST TO BE A DOORKEEPER

Father I'll never be highest
in the Kingdom of Your Son
but to be a doorkeeper in Your house
is an honour for anyone
Lord I don't need to be greatest
as You send down Your power from above
all I ask of You Jesus is teach me
to show this cold world Your great love

As I go out into the darkness
where there's danger in every street
let Your righteousness be my garment
let Your Word be the lamp at my feet
No Father - I'll never be highest
in the Kingdom of Your Son
but just to be a doorkeeper in Your house
is an honour for anyone


10 comments:

Sandi said...

"let Your Word be the lamp at my feet"

I have seen this verse a lot lately.

Brenda said...

The first is a song I wrote some time ago, and the second one is a poem I wrote, both after I became born again of God's Holy Spirit. It was only then that all my songs and poems started to come into my mind. All glory to God and His precious Son our Saviour Jesus.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

These poems are both moving and memorable, Brenda. Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Hi Martha Jane, thankyou for your kind comment. God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I needed this.

God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor, our prayers to the Lord can often be for other believers as well as ourselves. God bless you.

Lucinalva said...

Bom dia, Brenda
Lindos poemas, Jesus é cheio de amor e misericórdia, um forte abraço.

Brenda said...

Hi Lucinalva, Thank you for your very kind comment. Jesus is certainly full of love and mercy, and a big hug to you too. God bless you with all God has for us in Jesus.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
What a day it will be when we see Him face to face! Thanks as always for the beautiful, truth-filled poems. May God bless you and yours,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, what a wonderful day indeed it will be when we see Him face to face. It will be like no other wonderful experience we could imagine. God bless you and yours too Laurie as you wait upon the Lord's return.