Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Thursday 31 August 2023

From chrysalis to butterfly

This is a poem that I wrote some years ago, shortly after I had been born again. I just thought I would share it in case a newly born Christian comes over to my blog, or if someone is going through similar things :-

Lord when I'm being taunted
and mocked for loving You
cause me to remember
that You was taunted too
When I'm being laughed at
for calling on Your name
let me see You standing there 
and taking all that shame
And if I'm being tempted
to draw back into sin
tell me 'Turn away child
don't let the Devil win'
Lord sometimes it's difficult
to die to sinful man
when the Spirit says 'you can't'
and the flesh says 'yes you can'
I'm so afraid I'll fail You
the old man can be strong
sometimes it's hard to tell, Lord
what's right and what is wrong
The old man says 'Retaliate!'
to every harsh word said
The new says 'You've been born again
the old man is now dead'
So Lord teach me to listen
when I hear You speak
Create in me a spirit
that is lowly and meek
Take away the 'old man'
of anger, greed and lust
Form a new creation
inside this outer crust
Help me to forgive them
when the world abuses me
teach me how to show Your love
that I know can set them free
Lord help me go all the way
to that rugged cross
Show me that to lose this 'life'
is gain and not a loss
And then just like the chrysalis
that hangs upon it's thread
I'll become a 'butterfly'
and You'll have raised the 'dead'


16 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful, Brenda.

Thank you for sharing it with us and thank you for your faithfulness in blogging.

God bless you.

🩵🩷

Aritha V. said...

Beautifully written. I love it Brenda.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Absolutely beautiful, Brenda!

Brenda said...

Hi Sandi,
thank you for your kind comment. It is good to share with one another - as you do too. God bless.

Brenda said...

Hi Aritha
thank you for your kind comment, so glad you liked my poem. Many of my poems written since I have been born again in the Holy Spirit have been like a conversation with the Lord. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Martha Jane,
thank you for your lovely comment. I am so glad you enjoyed reading my poem. I have loved growing day by day in the Lord, it is an ongoing journey. God bless you.

Ирина Полещенко said...

May our Lord bless you, dear Brenda!

Brenda said...

Hi Irina, and may our lovely Lord bless you too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It takes courage to be a Christian.

God bless, Brenda.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor, learning God's ways and having access to His thoughts through the mind of Christ when we become a child of God makes us a stronger CHRISTian daily. God bless you Victor in all He has for us in Jesus - our One mediator between man and God.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
The life cycle of the butterfly is such a powerful symbol of the transformation we undergo when we are born again. And your poem beautifully brings it to life.
May God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, thank you for your lovely comment, I love the way that God's creation can symbolise many incidents in our lives. God bless you Laurie.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda -- God speaks to us through nature, if we are attuned to listen! Praise the Lord that you hear His voice in this way and share it with us. God bless, Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
yes, there are so many things in nature that can speak to us spiritually. God bless you.

Fundy Blue said...

You write the most beautiful and inspiring poetry, Brenda! Hugs to you!

Brenda said...

Hi Louise, thank you for your very kind comment. May God bless you and strengthen you with all He has for us in Jesus. I have experienced a miraculous healing and many other things when I was weak, and I know He can be with you in what you are going through at the moment.