Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Sunday 17 September 2023

God is Spirit

 God is Spirit, His Son is Spirit and the express image of His Father, and if we are born of that Spirit then we shall be in their image, and shall all be one, just as Jesus prayed in John ch. 17 v.21 'That they may all be one, as Thou art Father in me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.'  This imagery of all believers being a collective 'son' is a reflection of Exodus ch. 4 v. 22 where God refers to the whole nation of Israel as His Son and His firstborn. As believers in Jesus we are the Spiritual Israel of God. However, we are told that the reason we are to be one with Christ and the Father, and to have His Glory is that the world may believe that God has sent Jesus.  We have been given a mission and a commission by Jesus our Lord and some of us have been given gifts for building up the church and some have been given gifts of evangelising.  With the body of Christ is the ability, through the spiritual gifts, to do all the works that He did while He was in a physical body on Earth, both with the house of God and with the world.


Gracious Father

Gracious Father give me light                                 
to separate the wrong from right
cause Your face to shine on me
that in the darkness I might see
to bring my soul into subjection
lest I suffer Your rejection

Gracious Father grant me truth
to break the foolishness of youth
Inscribe Your Word upon my heart
lest from Your ways I might depart
May Christ Your Son renew my mind
restoring sight to eyes gone blind

Gracious Father give me peace
from chains of bondage bring release
My soul is longing for the day
when earthly things will pass away
when pain and tears and aching heart
will finally from me depart

Gracious Father lead me home
no longer let my spirit roam
guide me along that narrow way
using staff and rod each day
until this coat of skin and flesh
becomes a robe of righteousness

 

                   

33 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

Beautiful, Brenda! The Holy Spirit truly works in you to bless us with Scripture-based poetry. May God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Martha Jane Orlando said...

How I love this, Brenda!!! A beautiful petition for God's mercy and presence in our lives.
Blessings!

Ирина Полещенко said...

May our Lord bless you, dear Brenda!

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
all glory to our beautiful Lord and His Father God, for without His Holy Spirit within us we could do nothing. I truly do look forward to entering His promised land, where there will be no more pain, no more sorrow. God bless you Laurie.

Brenda said...

Hi Martha Jane, I know that you too love our Lord and His Father, and are blessed by His presence in your life. Thank you for your kind comment. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Irina, and may our Father God, and His precious Son, bless you with all they have for us in this world.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you Brenda. This is wonderful.

God bless you and yours.

Brenda said...

Hi Victor,
thank you for your kind comment. All glory to our Wonderful Saviour Jesus and His Father God. God bless you with all He has for us in Jesus.

Aritha V. said...

Dear Brenda, I responded to your comment on my latest blog because I truly appreciate the effort you put into reading my blogs. And now, I'm here reading yours, and it touches me deeply. Thank you. We're united worldwide in Him when we believe in Christ.

Did you take the photo yourself in your neighborhood? It's so beautiful. I'm curious about how things are going for you - your health, your surroundings.

Lieve groetjes (sweet greetings) from the Netherlands

Brenda said...

Hi Aritha, thank you for your kind comment. I did take the photo myself, but it was in Wales, my birth country. I am doing ok, I have some pain in my knees but it could be much worse. I would appreciate your prayers. I used to dig the gardens constantly when we lived in West Wales, and it was very hard clay soil, and that is where the knee pain comes from. We are living in Northern Ireland at the moment, our son lives in the area. It is a lovely country here too, very green - called the Emerald Isle. God bless you, prynhawn dda. (good afternoon in Welsh - pronounced prinhown tha).

MELODY JACOB said...

Dear Brenda, I pray that the Lord showers his blessings on you.

Brenda said...

Hi Melody, thank you for your prayer. I pray this for you too.

Brenda said...

Hi R's Rue, nice to meet you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Brenda,
Indeed, Christ has made us lights in this world, just as he is a Light of the World.
You have written a beautiful poem.
God bless you and your family.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Brenda! Without Holy Spirit guidance, we understand nothing, have nothing, are nothing, and can do nothing. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Laurie

Brenda said...

God bless you too Victor.

Brenda said...

Hi Frank, thank you for your very kind comment. God and His Son Jesus (the Word of God), are the greatest light we could have in this darkened world at the moment - and any time. God bless you and Alex with all He has for us in Jesus.

Brenda said...

Amen to your comment Laurie, it will be glorious when our Lord returns. As I always say - there is nothing on this earth that can compare to that beautiful place I was taken to in my near death experience. God bless you and yours Laurie.

Sandi said...

Brenda, there is a translation now of the video on my blog. It's in the comments.

Brenda said...

Ok, thanks Sandi, will take a look.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
I can only imagine what you witnessed in your near-death experience, but I am certain it defies description! All the trials we are going through will vanish with ne glimpse of His dear face. May God bless you and your lovely ministry,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie, yes there is nothing that can compare to the beauty and love I experienced in that beautiful place. God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Brenda said...

Amen to what you have said Laurie.

Laurie Collett said...

The signs of the times herald His imminent return!

Brenda said...

They do indeed Laurie.

MELODY JACOB said...

In Christ alone. Thanks for sharing

You can check out my new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

Brenda said...

You are very welcome Melody. I can't go over onto your blog as something went wrong last time. God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Each day we know we are one day closer to the Rapture, and it seems that each day the news headlines are revealing prophecy fulfilled. God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Absolutely right Laurie. God bless you.

Laurie Collett said...

"My soul is longing for the day when earthly things will pass away." Amen and Amen. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
the eternal life that lies ahead of all who believe in Jesus is far above anything we have had in this life on earth. God bless you Laurie.